Fibromyalgia and Duloxatine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have recently been prescribed 120mg of Duloxatine has anyone else had bad side effects when taking this.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That is an extremely high dose. I was on 60mg and it is harder very hard to wean off of it. Sick for weeks when I lowered dose to 40 and then to 20mg. You are better off with Gabapentin or Lyrica for fibromyalgia pain, the duloxetine did not help me with nerve pain at all. The Lyrica did. 
    • Posted

I talked to my Doctor about Gabapentin but he wasn't having any off it. The only side effects so far are tiredness and urinating more. I also suffer with Major Depressive disorder so i wondered if thats why he gave me Duloxatinerolleyes

• Posted

I have been on 60 mg of Cymbalta since 2007 for radial nerve pain and have had no pain or complications.  When I tried the generic Duloxatine, I had nightmares and high anxiety
  • Posted

I was on it for 2 weeks an got off because of a weird Since Seshan I felt like my skin was hot and cold same time an i got headaches
    • Posted

The side effects so far have been tiredness and Urinating all the time. I read a lot of bad reports of weaning off it.neutral
  • Posted

Hi. I have been taking Cymbalta for fibromyalgia and chronic migraines for a few months and I haven’t noticed any side effects aside from mild drowsiness. Have you experienced  any new symptoms or sensations since you started the medication? Also, your body could still be adjusting to the medication and it may take a few weeks to a few months to subside. However, if the feelings become more intense or persist definitely speak with your doctor.Hope this helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.