fibromyalgia confusion

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm still trying to understand my recent fibromyalgia diagnosis. It seems that other sufferers are in varying amounts of pain all day every day of whom I sympathise with.

My pain comes in waves in stabs, aches, pins and needles, etc. mainly in my neck, hands, feet, ribs and head lasting only a few moments but my brain fog is the thing that's incapacitating me the most. I'm still unsure whether this is fibromyalgia but I also understand that we're all different.

Does anyone else have a similar experience....?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

symptoms for me started of pretty mild and have got worse over the years .

everyone is differant ,in the begining it was mostly my back and feet ,now its there all the time .all over .and this year , iv started with stabbing pains in my head and jaw .

so who knows whats going on ,

all i know is that everyone is differant ,and the more stressed you are the more pain you have and the more brain fog you get . 

• Posted

Hi there. You are correct it can be different. I have the same symptoms as you have described such as stabbing pains, pins and needles. I also experience what I can only describe as a burning from within.

I have days when I can't get my head straight and can't think clearly. Some days are worst than others but i my best to be upbeat even though i feel terrible inside.

Talk to your doctor so, you can get support. If that fails we are all here to support and encourage each other.

Take care.

• Posted

It's good to know I'm not alone.

I'm due to see my doctor in a week. Losing my job hasn't really helped my cognitive abilities either. Hopefully my doctor will help......

• Posted

Yes I have some of those  symptoms...trouble is we all have varied symptoms..reckon that's why it's soo hard for to diagnose Fibro..but over many years you find ways to help yourself...and reduce the pain/Symtoms...just be careful if fruit salad medications..the GP might give you...always ask lots of questions WHY!! and always read the leaflet in the box..:-)xxxx.  Don't just take what they say as always right...a Rhumo us best ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.