fibromylgia... Do these symptoms sound familiar? hard to get a diagnoaia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi Guys

Could anyone tell me if these symptoms sound like Fibromylgia? I have been back and forth to the doctors for months 7 in total And I get told this is all anxiety!

Now yes, I do suffer from Anxiety and I have for around 15 years (I'm 29) but I only suffered with chest pains, palpitations and The giddiness chest feeling.

For the last 7 Months these aches and pains have just slowly got worse. It started with aches in my left arm and left hand, pains in forearm and upper arm etc also in my left hand. Now I did have a trapped nerve in my shoulder, and now and again it comes and goes. But more recently I've been suffering with aches in both arms, legs, shoulders, back, the soles of my feet feel like they're burning at Times. I'm shattered in an afternoon. Also I have noticed these flare ups happen around the time i start my menstrual cycle. I get up and I ache head to foot even just to pick something up or walk into the kitchen from the front room it. It feels like a burning/tingly/buzzing achy sensation.

I hope this makes sense

Any help would be much appreciated.

Alex smile

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry can I add... I feel like I have done a.gym.session most days because of the pains
  • Posted

Have you had your blood tested?  Perhaps there is inflamation there, which could mean Polymyalgia Reumatica (PMR).
    • Posted

I have a blood test next week to check for any inflammation etc I'm.hoping this may shed some light. I did have my bloods done 6 month ago and it was all clear. After a docs app on Monday he is requesting my bloods to be done again.
  • Posted

Hi Alex

It could be Fibro but you have to rule out all other possibilities and unfortunately that could take a while. Pains do feel worse around the menstrual cycle. Do speak with your rheumatologist for confirmation.

Good Luck ! wink x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.