Fierce hot flushes

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello Ladies

Not been on here for a while as I had been doing a lot better, now in the last few weeks my hot flushes have intensified and are becoming unbearable its driving me crazy, when they happen I cannot bear to be in a hot room or for anyone to touch me and everything I wear is annoying.  I am so sick of being a hot sweaty mess.  Does anyone have any advice.  I dont want to take HRT well I dont think I can as strokes run in my family.  I take Amitriptyline so I really need to take something that wont interact with that.  I was taking B6 for a while which helped with some other symptoms but stopped as it didnt seem to agree with me too well.  Any advise would be greatly appreciated.  Hugs to all xxx

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I havnt heard of there being a problem with b6 and amitriptyline . I have been taking it too and am v careful about what I take with it. I know back cohosh can be an issue but not heard about any of the vitamins.xx
  • Posted

Hey lancrose, I am an Acupuncturist and could not treat my hot flashes. I have weaned myself off of elavil and the hotflashes are gone.
  • Posted

Have you tried magnesium citrate? As long as you don,t take too much, it seems to calm the flushes down, and relaxes you so also helps with sleep. I have a night time spray, which I used last night and also the Bachs Rescue Night liquid melts. I slept for about two hours. I was very anxious with no prospect of sleep until at sixth is morning I took the magnesium citrate and managed a further two hours of sleep. It calms you own and relieves the anxiety of the hot flush. Try it an see as apparently we are all low in magnesium and will only do you good!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.