Fighting on :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Got 17days left! I had a 12lb gain from 2week holiday 4 my birthday. I got it skin of my teeth last month loosing half a stone they told me I need to lose certain amount of kilos a month. Doubt if theyre be understanding!. Looks like itll be without them now I am a failure! 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You're not a failure - most people put on weight when they're on holiday. You were enjoying yourself and living life - all important stuff. Now you just have to get back on track if you want to continue to lose weight. I haven't been taking this long enough to know what the dr will do. I'm sure if you stay focused, eat really low fat or fat free and add in some exercise you will see results over the next 17 days. Think positive! I'm sure you could lose most of the weight you gained in that time and then hopefully the dr would be understanding that you'd been on holiday and pleased that you'd 'maintained' your previous weight. Fingers crossed!!
    • Posted

Hopfully but I doubt theyll understand sp I lnow il be off them xx
  • Posted

Think you need to be honest with the doctor and tell them you've been on hols birthday etc - and what you had put on weight wise, but hopefully in the next 17 days you can get that weight off and maybe more? Are you feeling motivated enough to go for it? 
    • Posted

I see a nurse too - mine is lovely and understandings and very encouraging 

good to hear you're motivated! Fingers crossed you stay on track and gave a goid weigh in - what date do you get weighed? 

• Posted

You are NOT a failure, you are only human, you had two weeks away and a birthday, you can never claim those memories back.

Explain to the nurse with an open heart.  In 17 days you CAN make a dent in that gain so really go for it, plan your meals, write all foods down if this helps you stay in control.  Come on thatpurplestar lets see you shine!!!!!

xxxxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.