Fighting still

Posted , 3 users are following.

Lost a good friend this morning.  Too young, too soon.  Kind of reminded me how short and precious life is.  My depression has eased lately I'm glad to say but there are times like today when I can feel it trying to get control again.  Going to keep fighting it ! 

Join with me, believe we can beat it.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi deaver. im sorry you lost a good friend to lose someone is bad enough but if they are young it hits us more ! ive had depression for longer than i care to remember i had a brain haemorrage 2 years ago so i just glad im still here i dont.know what you take for you depression i take venlfaxine 225 mg and quetiapine ! i hope you continue to get well take care david !
    • Posted

Thanks David.  At present the meds I'm on (Sertraline) seem to be making a difference for me.  I know its no "cure" but it has helped.  
  • Posted

Hello, I am sorry you lost a good friend especially one so young. Keep strong and don't let depression beat you.Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Thank you Elizabeth.  I've had this for too long.  Been at the bottom, attempted suicide twice, it's not been easy at all, never is, but I do feel a little more positive nowadays.  Just find it hard at times (like now) to stay strong.

Why's it always the good ones that go?

Thanks again

• Posted

Sorry to hear about the lost of your friend.... I find it really inspiring that even with such a tragedy in your life you still have the mind set to fight the depression....keep fighting xx
    • Posted

Thanks Anne.  I'm trying to be more positive nowadays, part of my latest plan to defeat depression.  My friend never really knew much about my depression, but what he went through and stayed strong through has made me more determined to beat this.

Thanks for listening, I do appreciate your comment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.