Finally

Posted , 5 users are following.

At last a GP that listened and didn't judge me.

Prescribed citalopram and zopiclone sleeping tablets.

Any one on these what r the side effects??

Feel like a weight has been lifted a bit. Hopefully I've done the hardest part.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Dawn,

Can't help on the zopiclone although I once had something similar and didn't have any probs with SE's. However having been on Citalopram on and off for 20 years (20mg) I can say that everyone is slightly different in the SE's experienced. Probably nausea is the main one and most common. Personally I had few SE's while taking them but a lot when I came off but that was after being on for a long time. Give them a chance, it will take about 4 weeks to feel the benefit and in the meantime while you are waiting try and take some open air exercise like walking , preferably in the countryside but not essential. The endorphins will make you feel better. Also, having taken this step towards recovery give yourself a pat on the back for your progress so far. The key is to be patient. Don't give up when the going gets tough it WILL pass. Good Luck and well done

• Posted

Hii dawn57104...You ahve the same medication as me...Ive no side effects to report yet but ive only been taking mine for 2 weeks...The sleeping tablets i am only aloud to take 3/4 times a week..How about you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.