Finally feelin like my old self.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all, I am now 20 weeks post op for a total hysterectomy, A & P repair and a tvt. I have to say I'm starting to feel like my old self again. Still not back at work as I work in a school so not back till sept but feel I will be fighting fit by then 😊

I've gradually been increasing the jobs I do around house and felt good and finally got back out on my bike yesterday which made me feel so much better about myself. I'm a very keen cyclist and have missed it so much. I only managed 5 miles due to a puncture but I went back out today and did another 7 miles. I could feel some pulling when heading back home. Can't wait to get back on form and being able to ride 30miles plus. Nothing better.

So just wanted to share a bit of positivity to give the ladies some hope for the future. Keep going girls it will get better.

Take care.

Fi. X

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Fi,

Good to hear you are doing so well; I so wish I could get on my bike was aiming for getting pug on bike around 6 month post op around September. Will have to wait and see but definitely could not cope right now with sitting on the seat. It will be so good for you as it will strengthen up your upper abs without putting too much strain on pelvic floor, but be careful not to overdo it!

So happy for you,

Phyl x☺☺☺

• Posted

Thank you Phyl. How many wks post op are you? Honestly I thought this time would never come. My friend has been doing some lovely bike rides and posting pics on Facebook and I've been so envious. She's doing the Great North Bike Ride next sun. 60miles from Seahouses to Tynemouth and I usually do it too.but obviously can't. So my aim is to do it again next yr.

had a few niggles of pulling when the on way home so I'll leave it till next week before I go out again. Definitely need to take it gradually. But it felt good.

You too will eventually get back out.

Speedy healing.

Fi. Xx

• Posted

Thank you Phyl. How many wks post op are you? Honestly I thought this time would never come. My friend has been doing some lovely bike rides and posting pics on Facebook and I've been so envious. She's doing the Great North Bike Ride next sun. 60miles from Seahouses to Tynemouth and I usually do it too.but obviously can't. So my aim is to do it again next yr.

had a few niggles of pulling when the on way home so I'll leave it till next week before I go out again. Definitely need to take it gradually. But it felt good.

You too will eventually get back out.

Speedy healing.

Fi. Xx

• Posted

I am 24 weeks post op; was feeling great around 21/22 weeks and must have over stretched things, had been back swimming after a few weeks break (had a bad throat), and had been making my own way to work instead of getting a lift. At same time things were picking up at work and was heavy going. Weather was bad for a few days so had done some low impact walking indoors.

Started nipping at front end and after few shifts at work was very uncomfortable with that painful sagging feeling internally.

So have been back to mainly resting up again. Think I just got a bit too confident thinking as I am almost 6 months post op should be almost back to normal, but obviously still have to be really careful.

Getting impatient, going to GP to check for infection may be just tender with overstretching. Fairly sure my repairs are still intact.

At 6/7 months post op last time I was just considering returning to work and was pretty much back to normal so hoping I did not go back too quickly this time.

By the time I'm ready to return to cycling we will be heading for winter again.

Anyhow will just be glad to get rid of the painful sagging feeling!

Phyl x

• Posted

Arh Phyl that sounds like a combination of a few things. Work exercise and being busy. We get told over and over to take it easy but once back at work it's not that simple.

I go back in sept and I work in a primary school for children with special needs and we have quite a lot of challenging behaviours as well as lifting and handling so I won't really know how I'll cope until I'm back bi work full time and must say I'm quite anxious about it in sure I'll be ok at first but as days/weeks pass I worry I'll start to flag. I'll be working with little ones this yr so small chairs and lots of up and down. But that's not for another few weeks. More healing till then.

Hope you get to the bottom of your soreness at the Drs and they can help you. Take care. X

• Posted

Thanks Fi , I hope it is just tender due to infection.

Phyl x

• Posted

Brilliant news Fi-45. So nice to read something so positive.
  • Posted

Silly me. Just worked out on calendar. I'm 18 weeks post op. Not the 20 that I first said. But it feels a heck of a lot longer. Hah. Brain is mush!!! Hrt's fault!!! 🙄

• Posted

That does sound like a long time. Mine has only been 6 and it seems plenty long enough!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.