Finally realised its anxiety???

Posted , 4 users are following.

So to cut the story short, had a rapid heart for 30 mins in July, I thought I would die, found out I was anaemic so put on iron tablets, had a 24hr ecg only showed ectopics(common) been worried since but started to deal with it and try and get back to normal eve thought I was terrified of my heart going mad again!! Last night I was just drifting off to sleep all comfy when my daughter screamed out of nowhere and made me jump, a few seconds later my heart was pounding so fast just like it did that day in July. It was awful and has knocked me back a little but now I feel it is anxiety and will hopefully be able to calm myself down of it happens again. I'm still scared this morning as I'm on my own with my daughter (my partner was with my last night and helped me calm down)

I'm not sure whether it's a good or bad thing really hoping it doesn't become a regular occurrence!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello there. I too have rapid heartbeat but mine is everyday when I have an anxiety attack and has been going on with me for 2 years now. I think your worrying too much that's why u are having these episodes so try and stay calm cause the rapid heart beat is a part of anxiety that's all. Hope you feel better.
    • Posted

I've been fine for about a month and now it's set me back to square one. I've just been cleaning up and got burning pains in my chest so now I'm sat crying because I'm scared I'm going to die! I've done so well to get on with it and then one little blip and that's it I can't cope with it. It's awful this I wouldn't wish it on anyone! How do you learn to cope with it? I see people there so care free and happy and then there's me that feels on edge all the time I hate it! X
    • Posted

Sorry for the late response. I know exactly how you feel and it is not an easy thing to deal with but you got to know that this affects a lot of people everyday and some have it worse than others. I have been having the symptoms for awhile now but was just diagnosed with it and it scares me too when I have these episodes and I wouldn't wish this on anybody either . I just take it day by day and try to keep telling myself that I am OK that's its just the anxiety making me feel this way so that's what u need to do.....take deep breaths and try not to think about the worse and there is help out there . go to your doctor and let them know how your feeling they will help u cope with it so stop worrying so much cause you are OK.
    • Posted

I know I have seen people's stories on here and they sound awful I really hope I never get that bad especially with a little baby to look after! It's weird because when I feel rubbish I don't get the symptoms but when I'm perfectly fine I feel the ectopic beats and that's it I'm worried about my heart! I've been to the doctor I've got some CBT but the wait is at least December so I've got to try and deal with it! Im going back to work beginning of November so hoping that will help me seeing my friends having a laugh I don't see anyone at min boyfriends at work all I can do is go to my nans, so I don't have much to do that can take my mind away from it! I'm going to lay down and read my mums got LO x
  • Posted

Hi XxaimxX

Hey there my friend have you checked your blood pressure when those attacks occured? Do you feel any fatigue or stress? It's advisable that you consult again with a clinician to have a definitive diagnosis. 

I hope that those episodes really are isolated incidence and does not occur on a regular basis. Let me know how the check up goes.

God Bless you man.

• Posted

Hi, I totally get how your feeling right now. around a month ago I was admitted to hospital with an svt, ( it's a cardiac arrhythmia caused by an electrical fault in the heart) my heart rate was around 235 bpm for 4 hours before the drs managed to get it back to normal. I'm 27 and have had no prior heart problems and hope to not have any again, it was one of the scariest times of my life! I'm pretty sure I've had 2 panic attacks since but both times I have had different symptoms, trip to the drs tomorrow as the most recent was today. I can only guess that I was so traumatized by having the svt and thinking I was going to die that it's caused these panic attacks. I suppose what I'm trying to get at is I know how you're feeling and that you're not alone. Really need to get a handle on this as its affecting my life but I won't let it beat me!
    • Posted

Hi I thought mine was SVT but from the other night when it happened again I know it wasn't my heart rate was about 120-130 you can get tachycardia from anaemia which my doc thinks it could've been that then I went into a panic attack! The other night it was deffinately panic related and exactly how I remember I just controlled my breathing and it calmed right down. Hope your ok some people only ever have one episode of SVT maybe that's you hopefully! Xx
    • Posted

I've been reading a lot on things that can help, have you tried anything that's worked for you? I don't want to go down the medication route for the anxiety (I'm already on beta blockers after the svt) so I'm going to try herbal remedies. chamomile tea and lavender oil are a couple of the ones I've found that could help. Thanks, hopefully it was a one off, my phosphate level was really low so drs think that is what caused it but they don't know why it was low. they've said it may or may not happen again. That doesn't help the anxiety lol x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.