Finding it hard

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm finding it hard to accept my physical symtoms of anxiety I was diagnosed with a anxiety disorder I'm finding it hard to accept that I have anxiety maybe they got it wrong what if I have a terminal illness 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

I feel the same way George... That's part of this disorder . No matter how many tests they do we have a hard time believing them and accepting this. I'm struggling today really bad.
  • Posted

Dont think that way mate trust me u dont want to only make your anxiety worse  the drs will be right dont work your self up im in same boat as u pal I hate it dont dwell  on it let me know how you get on if your new to it its crazy it  just  mind over matter try to look on bright side be active that will keep your mind off it talk to some one it helps you will get symptoms but it all the anxiety dont go on meds it might ease it off but it wont go away ask your dr to refer you to physcological therapy  
    • Posted

Right I start my tmoz wish me luck lol what is  it like have u only jusy got anxiety or had it a while ?

• Posted

I get the same thoughts and  nave been to so many doctors and had tests that have come back OK.Even now I still think that I am seriously ill,although ALL my symptoms are that of anxiety disorder.I really sympathise with you as it is a dreadful way to feel.
  • Posted

Dont think that way mate trust me u dont want to only make your anxiety worse  the drs will be right dont work your self up im in same boat as u pal I hate it dont dwell  on it let me know how you get on if your new to it its crazy it  just  mind over matter try to look on bright side be active that will keep your mind off it talk to some one it helps you will get symptoms but it all the anxiety dont go on meds it might ease it off but it wont go away ask your dr to refer you to physcological therapy  and another thing dont look your symptoms on google I made that mistake and made it worse only drs can tell you whats up and there wont be anything wrong if they say there isent keep your chin up mate 
  • Posted

Dear George

My experience of talking to other sufferers (of anxiety) leads me to believe that EVERYBODY who has an anxiety disorder thinks that they are dying or terminally ill or going mad at some time or other. We are hyper-vigilant of our bodies because we are always anticipating an anxiety attack. We pick up on any little change in the body and then it gets exagerrated out of all proportion. This is part of the problem. I would bet good money that there is nothing wrong with you. You have anxiety, that's all (and that's enough). In an anxiety disorder our body is screaming at us that something is terribly wrong. There isn't. There is nothing wrong with you. You will be OK. By dwelling and ruminating on what might be wrong with us we create more anxiety which keeps the anxiety going. It's a catch-22. Dont bother trying to figure out what is wrong with you. As Paul says, keep busy and focus on practical things. Do things, rather than think. Keep occupied. The less you think about it, the quicker it will go away. best wishes, Athol.

ps. that doesn't mean we shouldn't get checked out by GP if we think we have a symptom. But do it for reassurance. If you dont believe your GP, get a second opinion.

• Posted

I'm always getting a cold chill which gives me goosebumps this started when I became severely anxious also right now I'm sitting here anticipating the worse because i had my first sleep paralysis today which scared the £&:@ out of me 
    • Posted

Dear Athol                                                                                                    You have explained anxiety so well , that is exactly how it is  I had been diagnosed with anxiety many years ago and it took a long time to regain my life , apart from the occasional blip, but recently i cannot get my health of my mind and analizing myself all the time and so many of my symptons have returned. i now do not want to go anywhere after having a panic attack and even though i knew it was a panic attack still thought " this time it,s for real and i am going to die" how many times have said that
    • Posted

The same happens to me and I also think 'this time I will collapse and die' but every day I am still here!!

Try to relax by listening to music before you go to sleep.I find that helps.Anxiety is a really nasty condition and spoils your ability to enjoy life.

Just finding this site is a great help because you realize how many people are going through the same experiences,because the majority of one's friends do not understand.

• Posted

I'm getting psychiatrist therapy mines on the lines of sevre today I had a sleep paralysis and it made me terrified of it now I am scared to sleep
    • Posted

This a great site ,no body judges you and everyone understands and wants to offer good advice because you are right only people who have endured the ravages of anxiety understand , As i was writing my last entry i felt very positive and was looking forward to another day and thought i can beat this but within the hour had another giddy spell and am now panicking that i am going to have a stroke or brian heomorrage
    • Posted

I am sure you won't.

I get dizzy spells EVERY day and also feel as though I am going to pass out,but I never do!!!

It is very frightening,but unfortunately the anxiety makes the dizzyness worse.

i live alone which is not at all helpful, and it makes me feel very insecure,and that increases the anxiety.Hope you have family or friends around who are supportive.

the dizzyness

• Posted

Hi all

I am Josh 23 year old male.

I can't tell you how reassuring this is to read 

After being diagnosed with stress and anxiety a month ago I have experienced nearly all those symptoms 

Even today I think im going to die 

Every time I feel one tiny change in my body I think oh god what was that, am I having a heart attack or a stroke 

Obviously thid makes it worse .

However after researching my illness I came across 2 supplements that help calm me right down and that is co enzyme q10 and magnesium 

Co enzymes help relieve stress and keep me relaxed 

The magnesium releases any muscle tension so I get less pains. 

I am also takinh propranolol to help with any palpitations 

Don't get me wrong I still struggle with it but I do find the supplements are helping a lot 

Please share some of your help with us all if you have any experiences that help.

Thanks

Josh

• Posted

Thank you for the information joshua i will certainly give both these supplements a try , do you take them both together, and have you had any negative reactions to them , any thing that will help 
    • Posted

No negatives im pleased to say 

I take them in the morning with my breakfast 

They are such a help 

Hope they work for you aswell Marilyn

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.