Finding latest replies in big threads

Posted , 4 users are following.

How do you find the latest reply in a big thread like the REZUM--HAVE YOU HAD THIS DONE??????? thread?

I'm not sure what it does when sort the replies with latest first, but I don't see the latest reply at the top.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Its very difficult. New posts are mixed in with old posts making it almost impossible to find the newest posts. The I used to follow the FLA & Rezum threads but it took so long to find new posts I stopped following.

• Posted

Oh, the other thing that drives me nuts are the deleted links. How can forum members tell others of their findings if most posts with links are "moderated" out of existence

• Posted

Yes, this forum style allows users to reply at any level of the thread, such as

reply to the original post

reply to some others users reply

etc.

and so every reply adds a new potential branch where new replies to that start

But consider that there aren't a lot of choices to find information like this.

-Dale

• Posted

You're absolutely right Dale but I'd bet there would be much more traffic if the forum was easier to navigate. And clicks mean $ in forum operator's pocket. Everybody would win

• Posted

I have been on dozens of internet forums over the years and this software is undoubtedly the worst for following a thread or getting to the latest posts.

• Posted

If you try to get to the end of the Rezum thread either by hitting <Ctrl>End or by trying to move the scroll bar to the end it will keep loading pages and will take control of the scroll bar. When you see that it has finished loading all pages because you can finally see the last page (which might take a couple of minutes in the case of the Rezum thread) and then sort by latest the latest post will show up at the top.

I'm thinking it has to load all replies first before it can sort them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.