Finished my second round of esyme, had prolapse repair and tvt 2 days ago scared fibroids will come

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had tvt and prolapse repair after 2nd round of esyme, fibroids have shrunk to nothing but I'm scared they will come back and undo my surgery. My consultant said to leave fibroids and just deal with the prolapse and bladder as Esyme has worked but I'm just worried they will grow back. They are the cause of my problems in the first place, as well as a difficult delivery of my only child

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry forgot to ask. What is esyme?
    • Posted

Esyme is the drug I've been in to shrink my fibroids, I had quite large Ones which my gyne thinks have contributed to the prolapse as well as the complicated childbirth requiring an episiotomy. I'm just wondering as he said to leave whatever is left of the fibroids there and deal with the prolapse and bladder but I'm concerned as they can grow back and if they do will it undo my surgery? Should I maybe speak to him about how they can be controlled so they don't grow back

• Posted

If your fibroids have shrunk I don't see why they would affect your prolapse and it's more usual for fibroids to contribute to a uterine prolapse. I would speak to your consultant because he is the only one who knows how big they are now.

• Posted

Yes they did contribute towards the prolapse for sure just don't want them growing back and undoing the surgery so I will speak to him about how to make sure they don't grow back.

Also another question if you don't mind, How long should I bleed for after surgery. I had slowed down today but it's bright red gain.

• Posted

You will often get some bleeding when the stitches start to dissolve and although it is usually red in colour it shouldn't be heavy and you should definitely not pass clots. If that happens you need to speak to your doctor. Occasional bright red blood is normal but if it is heavy and continues don't leave it. It's a shame your consultant didn't discuss your fibroids and how it impacts on your repair before and after your surgery. Hindsight is great but these are the sort of questions I always recommend you write down and ask at your out patient/post op appointment.

• Posted

I know your right, all he said was we will deal with it if they do grow back. I was bleeding then it appeared to stop then I wiped myself after a wee and there was bright red blood. I'm not sure where my stitches are.

• Posted

Your stitches will be internal so you probably aren't aware of them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.