Finished with mirtazapine 2 days ago and I feel dreadful!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I took my last tablet 2 days ago and I'm feeling very anxious about everything. My mind wont rest! I'm having obsessive thoughts about being off the medication completely and how it is going to affect me. I managed to sleep for four hours last night but today I feel absolutely exausted, physically and emotionally drained, nauseous, shaky and depressed.

The lovely lady at CITA advised me to keep going as the symptoms are very common and will pass eventually. Unfortunately she was unable to offer any time frame before things improve.

It would be great to get some feedback from other people. I would especially like to hear any success stories - I need to be reminded that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I must add, I have never experienced anything like this before taking mirtazapine. It makes me wonder why on earth I was prescribed this for sleep and assured that they 'were totally non addictive and that I could come off of them at any time'

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Scott, I don't need to rell you that the someone lied to you about the non-addictive part. And sure, you can come off them anytime, but what happens afterward they seem to leave out. Well, I am NOT going to lie to you. You are in for a rough road, and there isn't much that you can do but fight it one day at a time. I am into my 8th week since going off of it cold turkey, and have been miserable. Phenergan will help with the nausea, which is a big part of it. But the rest will have to be accepted as part of withdrawal symptoms. Anytime you have questions or concerns, this is the place to post them. People on this site are the most helpful of any that I have seen. I wish you Godspeed in reaching your goal of getting your brain "sober" again. I would not have made it this far without the helpful empathy and advice from the members of this forum. Hang in there!
  • Posted

Scott, did you use the CITA method? Did you go slower than they call for? And at what dose did you stop?

Hoping your symptoms will leave quickly. Best wishes.

• Posted

Keep focused on getting better times a healer!!

I have all this to come!! Currently down to 7.5 can't wait to get this drug out of my system!!!

• Posted

Hi Scott,i took mirtizapine for a very short time and took me 12 weeks to feel human again,I know it's not what you want to hear,and everyone is different,David is right,take one day at a time and get medication for the nausea.

this site saved my sanity when I was going through it,that's why I always come back,if I can help with any questions i will try to help,take care and stay strong x

• Posted

Thanks for all the encouragement. 5 days off and it's a real struggle!

I'm determined to see this through.

• Posted

Hi, was put on mirt and zoplicone only 2 weeks ago and my anxietys majorly increased and having far worse depression than ever before. unable to do day to day tasks as constantly stuck drifting in my mind thinking about situations and getting too emotional and panicking. been putting off going on meds due to rumours and now im on them i feel worse, did anyone go through this at the start?
    • Posted

oh and also feeling sick a lot!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.