First anxiety attack this morning...

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I woke up this morning thinking I was having a heart attack, clutching my chest I managed to ring for an ambulance, several hours later and with a lot less blood I was diagnosed with 'Anxiety'.

I was spoke to by this wonderful nurse who assured me I would get better, I tried to explain to her that anxiety and depression is not something a 7 day course of antibiotics and bed rest will cure. she looked at me, no she stared at me, very deeply as if she could see my soul then shed a single tear. She hugged me and for a split second i felt complete, I felt normal again. 

Now I'm at home alone. I feel horrible, not anxious just scared. My life is not how it should be, at 18 I should be chasing something, a girl, a dream job, something. I shouldn't be sat here at home everyday wishing for miracles, but I can't seem to do anything about it, I feel trapped.

I need help.

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Oh you poor soul, you must be feeling very frightened BUT don't fret you will get better. 

​Have you been under a lot of stress and worry lately which could explain your reaction?

Chances are you won't experience another, if you do you know what it is and it cannot do you any harm at all and it will pass.

Did the hospital give you any medication to take, if not go and talk to your GP about what can be done to help you through what is just a phase, believe me there are thousands if teenagers experiencing the same things. 

Visit Mind website and join Elifriends it's a social network site and is 100% secure and safe, plenty young people on there you can talk to. 

N

• Posted

Hello aspinan, I'm under significant stress lately, having left college 4 months ago I now have a non existant social life and a lot of worries about becoming employed and my financial situations.

Thank you for sharing that website, I really need something like that!

It might not be able to harm me but it sure scared me, knowing I will never live another 17th of november 2014. Knowing once this day is over I will have wasted it and Im afriad i'll keep wasting all the ones to come!

again, thank you for the reply, nice to know someone understands and can realate!

All the best

Ellis

• Posted

Hi Ellis, look upon the 17th November as being a turning point in your life and one which will have a totally positive outcome.

You may have some uncomfortable times ahead but everytime you go through some hardship or I'll health you emerge the other side stronger and better.

Worrying about becoming employed and finances is often at the root of anxiety as is social life and relationships yet it also gives you an opportunity to do something's.

Whilst your looking for employment you can do some volunteering which will really help when applying for jobs and stands out a mile on a CV. Financially I guess for a time you have to live within your means and budget, finding a part time job may well help. 

Social life is difficult if you associate this with the need for money, but do you have friends who you can hang around with.

Your stress has caused you to become anxious but nothing lasts forever including lack of money, lack of social life the secret is to slowly work it through and see what options you have.

For example, if you fancy going backpacking around Europe you could contact an organisation which can help you arrange it all and how you can go about doing it with a group? 

If you have a talent fir something is there an opportunity to turn a hobby into a small business, plenty help available for start up businesses.

Take some time to write down the areas your stressing over and discuss it with parents or friend about what you can do to turn them around, sometimes just writing them down and getting them out if your head puts them into perspective and become less of a worry (a worry diary) only look at the areas at a specific time in the day and for no more than an hour each day.

I can assure you everybody on here understands and relates to what your going through, were all in the same boat but fir different reasons. 

Soon enough you will be giving advise! 

Neil 

• Posted

You are no alone, I always feel like I'm having an anxiety attack but really it's your mind messing with your body. You need to learn too relax. People tell me the same and its worked. Also if you ever feel like your having one write down your symptoms so you know every time you get one, you know. Play a sport go out with friends. Taking a walk helps. Trust me I know your feeling also a doctor recommended me xanax it helps with it. Just don't make a pill a habit though. I'm here for you pal
  • Posted

Oh bless you.  Want a frightening experience.  Hope you are feeling calmer now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.