first day

Posted , 2 users are following.

hey everyone. took my first tab 20mg last nite and have just woken up (5.30) but now can't drift bk to sleep. I feel ok atm just bit of nausea which maybe due to the yummy pizza last nite. My gp put me on these as i feel like i'm at breaking point, all my life (26) my mum has emotionally abused me to the point where my main flaw is i'm so eager to please every1 and constantly worried bout things. recently a friend of mine committed suicide so i'm finding it hard to deal wiv it and accept i think this is down to my mum as when i woz young she wud often say that she wud in blackmail way to make me and my siblings suffer and feel guilty. Over the years she woz spiteful, calculating, mean etc.. and it continues now sad all my siblings are on ads 4 various reasons, postnatal,manic and anxiety i suppose its my turn and i feel scared. I just feel exhausted wiv worry all the time x x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Well i managed to sleep but have been feeling rele unwell all day headachy and sick! and now gotta take another tab in a mo sad it looks like frm reading other posts that this seems to be the most popular side effect. altho anybody had problems wiv their teeth hurting? x
  • Posted

Well its now day 5 and feeling alright. Still headachy and loss of appetite is still there.

Luckily sleeping hasn't been a problem for me altho I do get disturbed sleep? does anyone else experience this??

Went to a gig last night with my bf and felt very out of place, had the feeling of being squashed and was very anxious and annoyed with the people around me. :x

Haven't spoken to my mum in a while and dreading phoning her as whenever I speak to her I feel 100 times worse sad

Gunna have to do tonight as its been well over a month.... xxxxxxx

• Posted

Hi i am 20 and have been taking citalopram for the last week (just took my 7th tablet) for depression and anxiety, when reading all the posts i thought id be suffering from bad side affects but all i have had so far is not being able to sleep, slight feeling of sickness and depressed at work which isnt usually the case, but apart from that ive had sensitive teeth if thats what you mean by teeth hurting, but that could be the weather. i just hope they are going to start kicking in soon, i think my main reason for not being able to sleep is being led worrying about stuff, fast heartbeat etc, just cant relax, i hope everything goes well for you, everything has to get better at some point aye.
  • Posted

THE SIDE EFFECTS YOU ARE EXPERIENCING SEEM QUITE NORMAL AND MILD AND WILL GO ONCE THE TABLETS KICK IN. I HAVE BEEN TAKING THEM FOR 2 WEEKS AND THE NAUSEA BEGUN TO SUBSIDE A FEW DAYS AGO. STILL TIRED BUT NOT SLEEPING WELL THOUGH.

KEEP WITH THEM COS THEY DO WORK WELL ONCE THEY GET GOING (IKNOW THIS COS ITS MY SECOND TIME ON THEM)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.