First Day of Citalopram 10mg

Posted , 8 users are following.

Today is my first day of using Citalopram 10 mg, I’m trembling, I’ve thrown up More than ten times, and I feel really anxious. My anxiety is causing palpitations, and I feel worse than I ever have. I’m not really sure if I should keep taking it  or not. Any tips? 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Today was my first day too. I have been feeling extremely shaky and anxious all day. I have no appetite and when I try to eat I feel like I'm going to be sick. Hope you can find comfort in knowing you are not alone. You got this!

• Posted

Does your heart race at times? Feel completely out of it at times
    • Posted

Palpitations are side effects of this medicine...they will go in time...take care
  • Posted

The first two weeks are difficult but once you hit the 3rd or 4th week it gets better. I have been on Citalopram for 5 months and at 30 mgs. I started at 10 but my doctor said I needed a higher dose. He was right. Feeling very good now. Takes time though, you can’t rush it, but I promise you it will get better and better. Patients is require. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi

If you are being sick you should speak to your doctor, I haven't heard or didn't experience this when I started taking 10mg. There are alternatives you can take as everyone reacts differently.

• Posted

This is all very normal. The vomitting is due to the increased anxiety. It will get better for me it was up and down for 5 weeks or more then slow improvement. So worth it!
  • Posted

I wasn’t sick but felt really nauseous, first week the worse and I ve only just got my appetite back after being on it 2 months. Still feel anxious first thing and take a long time to come round in the morning but generally feel less panicky 
  • Posted

Yesterday was my first day, I actually skipped it today because I have to work and I can work with these side effects.. going to see how I am today with out, tried to take a little nap and had nothing but shortness of breath etc.. very uncomfortable.. asked my doctor about the side effects he said should subside in a few days... I know if I continue with the medicine I’m going to be going through hell. It’s scary but everyone is saying let the medicine work.. your body has to get use to it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.