First day on citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi just took my first citalopram there 20mg just looking for a bite off help since a took it my head fells num taking hot flushes chest fells tight getting numness on my face are these symptoms normal as a was on them years ago and had something similar but doctor said it fine thay will go away any help plz thanks

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Has anyone felt like thay are going to faint got this weard felling last nyt my head felt hot and body was getting hot cold all the way up ma heart started racing and ma mind started going could fell ma self starting to struggle to breath in to day a fell weird as if am on a different planet and so weak so scary and a think this is it my times up any help plz
    • Posted

It could have been a panic attack Maggie but im not sure. When i was at my most anxious i had panic attacks everyday for a while. I used this site to help me with my breathing excercises. My doctor suggested it to me and i did breathing and relaxation excercises everday this was a massive help.

https://patient.info/health/relaxation-exercises

• Posted

Finding ways to cope is like a project. I was constantly researching alternative methods and treatments for anxiety. I even considering going to see a breathing coach but i couldnt afford it. I have been having Craniosacaral treatment since i began taking the medication 15 months ago and that has helped me greatly. The treatment has helped me to relax and the therapist has worked on calming my nervous system down. The treatment cost me £40 a month and im sticking to it for life, my confidence has come back im much calmer and happier as a result of the treatment. I will be going it alone in 2 weeks without any medication at all so continuing with the Crano a must. Look uo the Alexander Technique aslo, i have heard that a very good therapy.
    • Posted

Thanks it's just the dying part it's annoying me it's on my mind 24/7 scared to stay in with kids my self so horrible

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.