First day out and back!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Thanks everyone there was a little anx about, but I felt the vibes and they certainly helped!

Bus journey there was not tto bad, day with my daughter was really good and for a nearly twelve going on twenty something she looked after me! I was so proud of her that took me mind of everything apart from some serious buzzing which I still have!

However, drained as I feel I do look at it as a successful step in the right direction!

Thanks again guys and have a good weekend.

Very Best Wishes David x

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi David

Well done you, you should be proud of yourself.

Going out myself this evening, pub crawl feeling a bit maudlin but hey ho.

Trying very hard should take a leaf out of your book. Have a restful evening. Hope Ann is feeling better.

CCheers

Tina x

• Posted

Cheers me dear! I will pass on yer wishes to Ann. She is still in bed and that's where she'll stay and hopefully get more rest (that is if Bella, the cat, will settle down!)

David x

• Posted

Hi David

Well done.  I know how hard it is.  A year ago this week I was on half term holiday with my daughter and it was HELL.  She's also 12 and I forced myself to take her into town one day and it was sheer hell.  She wanted to go eat at a chinese buffet and I just couldn't take her, we settled for nandos and I could eat no more than a mouthfull of lettuce and many trips to the bathroom to just move.  I was so scared and panicky.  Getting yourself out there bit by bit really is the key to beating this thing and you WILL do it.  You should be really proud of yourself for making yourself go, well done.  You will feel so much better soon I promise.  Like I told you before it's been 7 months for me on Citalopram and it was at least 5 before I could go out and not feel anxious.  Last night I did my nemesis which is going to the cinema and I truly enjoyed it and was 100% relaxed woo hoo!

• Posted

Hi Louise,

Well done you too!

Friday Charlotte and I saw Paddington (for the second time) and Big Hero 6.

As I mentioned the bus journey there and back went ok, but they now seem a little bit dreamy. With Charlotte was very much ok and she did remind me she was holding my hand, this was the hand of the strong, ex service, funny Daddy she grew up to know who now she was comforting! I got to say that, again if the drugs didn't inhibit me, I would have cried.

Glad to hear you are back at the "flicks" there are some great films out now, especially Family type ones. which have something for all ages in them, CG and 3D are a bonus these days. Paddington took me way, way back and staring at the big screen I let me self be back as a child again and thoroughly enjoyed it! Charlotte was holding my hand, arm or I had my arm around her all the time so I didn't feel alone. She was great!

Thanks again for your words and may your progress be a healing one.

Regards,

David x

Ps Watch this site for more movie news!!! LOL!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.