First month weigh in with GP

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my first weigh in today and I've lost 2kg.

I was a little disappointed that I didn't lose more because I'm following slimming world now but I guess it's better than not losing anything.

I need to lose around 5 stones.

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done you have to congratulate yourself it a lose no matter how much, 
  • Posted

Hi India2017, I just got orlistat yesterday and I am thinking of following slimming world as well I have about 10 stone if not more to lose but, I'm going too set small goals to start with, I think that way I won't get to disheartened, it worth think about, 

good luck 

loraine 

• Posted

Thanks Lorraine. Yeah I will set my self smaller goals. I'm losing weight as I'm due to be a bridesmaid for a family wedding in September.

Recently, I put on slot of weight and I'm the heaviest I've ever been even when pregnant. I decided I had to do something when I stopped going out because nothing fit and I hated the way I looked in pictures.

• Posted

Hi india2017, I done the same as you , I stopped going out and just stayed in my pjs as none of my cloths fitted me , but I don't keep well either no I'm on oxygen 24/7 , last year I spent more time in hospital than at home lol, I know some of the weight is due to medication but I also don't sleep well so I eat through the night board most of the time, I have a big appetite too so I'm looking for ways to make myself a eating plan, I d like a lot of fruit and veg, I got a soup maker for Christmas and it's great I buy prepared soup packs and just stick it in the machine switch it on and in 25 minutes you have a healthy soup, even tomato soup. I just open a couple of tin tomatoes some seasoning mixed herbs and sometimes I use a stock pot , they are good for me as I have fibromyalgia as well as breathing problems so I'm not always fit to cook so I look for quick and easy meals,

i hope you continue to do well by the time of the wedding you will be looking great, 

any good tip feel free to send me them , I need all the help I can get , a chief would be good lol, 

• Posted

hi Susan, how long have you been on orlistat, I think we need to look at small targets, I remember that from years ago when I went to slimming world that was over 20 years ago lol, I said that to India as well, when we say 10 stone it seems like another whole person lol, I think when I did go to slimming world all those years ago I was about 10 and a half stone to start with and now I am wanting to lose at least 10 stone, how things change , 

we will get there , 

• Posted

Hi, welcome to the forums everyone. Don't know if you've read any of my other posts but I started 7 weeks ago with around 18st yes 18st to lose. I have lost 1st 9lbs (11kg I think) so far. My GP advised slimming world too but you do still need to be careful that you are only eating within the 5g fat per 100g rule. I too like quick simple meals cos I have arthritis (weight doesn't help), chronic fatigue syndrome, depression & a 4yr old to contend with as well as a bone idle partner & work! Soup is a great idea Loraine. I make sure that I have fruit with my breakfast which is usually porridge & then at lunch & dinner my plate is 50% salad/veg with then 2/3rds of the remainder as lean protein & the rest carbs - works for me but its trial & error for everyone to find what works for them. I'd recommend using a slow cooker to batch cook things like curry, Bolognese, chilli etc & then freeze portions you can grab at later dates.

We can do this!!

• Posted

Hi Cath your life sounds like mine , if I didn't cook they would starve , as I don't keep well I buy them a lot of microwave ready meals mainly pasta dishes but I don't like procest food or much pasta butbit good enough for them , lol 

yes the soup I'm going to continue with but it's cutting down on the amount of bread I eat , I'm going to have a look at slimming world although it's changed a bit from the red or green days , but it's basically healthy eating as you said if I remember my fat content and I think that's what I could do as well , when I am cooking make extra for the days I'm not fit to cook that way I will always have something to eat, 

thank you ,

give me a week and I will be much better organised this is only day 2 or 1 and a half, lol,

• Posted

I find planning a week's menu in advance is key - I make sure I plan meals I will enjoy so I look forward to them like tonight is chicken fajitas...sliced chicken breast with onions, peppers & sweetcorn in a sauce made from reduced passata with some chilli in it then wrapped in weight watchers wraps. I shall have a couple with lots of salad..yum! I bulk out chillies & Bolognese with grated carrot & courgette which no-one notices lol.

I have taken to picking up cheap pots of porridge that you just add water too - useful if you feel too poorly to do anything that takes time or for when I'm in work. I had an Oat Burst golden syrup 1 this morning which takes 1min to prepare has 221cals & 3g fat. I had some fruit too & that'll keep me going til lunch which today is chicken noodle soup :-)

• Posted

I have about 18st to lose so I've broken down the overall loss to half stone mini goals as well as each 5% lost. I painstakingly worked them all out & wrote them in notebook so each time I reach it I can write the date achieved - its quite motivating & I take this with me when I check-in with my GP for her to check my progress

• Posted

I have 10 stone to loose too and got weighed on Tuesday my first month which I lost 2 stone
  • Posted

2 kg a month for 3 months = 1 stone. That isnt to shabby. Particularly for the first month when you are just getting into the swing of things. smile

• Posted

Hi India, this is very similar to me, I have 5 stone to lose & I have only lost that each month or less, but now 7 months down the line & over 2 stone lighter, it's all worth it. I have changed the way I eat rather than dieting as we know it, but been very careful & faithful to low fat. It seems slow compared to so many on here, but we are all different, & every few pounds  adds up, keep going & keep seeing yourself as slimmer! I also walk 3 or 4 mornings a week, and feel & look much better.

• Posted

Well done! Thank you for the words of encouragement
    • Posted

Hi di 96202, do you mind me asking if you follow a eating plan I'm struggling to thing of things but this is only my second day , I am just trying to plan ahead for the week as I don't get out much I do all my shopping online so I'm just try to plan a ruff week , I do have people t go to the local shops for me if I forget anything or if it dry out I go on my wee scooter,

any ideas would be vey much appreciated,

thank you 

loraine 

• Posted

Hi, I do write a meal plan for each week, plan what I eat is a key. But basically I eat a small portion of meat, usually fish, chicken, omelette or anything else I am cooking for hubby too. But I eat couscous or potato & lots of salad, or veg. I spiralise veg & eat loads. 

For lunch I have salad with tuna or ham or soup. Salad can be very varied, 

i have to go out to restaurants for work from time to time, & I can't always pick the type of place, but go for lowest fat meal. & hubby & I like to eat out sometimes, so just go for low fat, or lowest fat available. 

I eat fruit & celery if I need things between occasionally a low fat biscuit (read packets). I make my own low fat natural yoghurt & eat alone or with fruit. Also eat fat free yogs- they are a god send.

Breakfast is omelette or rice crispies with milk & yoghurt. 

Not sure that will help you a lot- it's all a bit random really. 

Hope you get on really well. You can do it, bit by bit! 

• Posted

Hi thank you so much for taking the time to answer me , I do appreciate that, I love salads and fruit and veg so I will just have to be careful of what I have with it , I'm a big eater , my delivery driver will be weighed down with fruit and veg this weekend, I will write a ruff menu to  my shopping with I was looking at some off the slimming world weekly meal plans and there snacks  I will see how I get on , 

good luck and thank you, 

loraine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.