First night

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been on citalopram for 3 weeks now and I went to my doctors today as i havnt got much better I've actually gotten worse so she has put me onto mirtazapine because she thinks that these will help me more and help me sleep a bit better I start them tonight and would just like some feedback on how everyone has felt on them as citalopram I feel like I got every side effect going

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have only just started them, but I feel they have improved my sleep.
    • Posted

Good cuz I've been waking up really early every morning and broken sleep during the night

• Posted

Mirt cannot be compared with Citalopram I hasten to add; Mirt contains sedation and you may well feel knocked out in the morning, if you take it, so don't be suprised.  Some might advise you not to drive in the mornings for the first week.  After 5/6 days the sedation in the mornings gets better, but for me personally, I felt sedated 24/7, for 18 months.  Its not for everyone, and I think it reallly helps chronic cases of anxiety and insomnia, but otherwise I think the side effects and trying to get off Mirt is just too difficult to recommend.

• Posted

I started them last night and I know it's the first night but I slept, however I feel extremely spaced out and woke up really low today! I feel exhausted! Hoping this passes. X

• Posted

I took mine for the first time last night and can say that I did sleep I did wake up a few times but went straight back to sleep and instead of waking up at 6 or 7 in the morning I actually slept till 11 for the first time in a month but I'm so tired today and feel like I need to sleep again and I'm so hungry aswell

• Posted

Hi Jenni, I've been on 30mg for over 2 years (15mg for while first) and have never slept better! I started on citalapram but that made me worse (became suicidal more than ever) so was put on lofepramine which worked and I took it all through my pregnancy. I was having trouble with sleep but originally thought it was pregnancy then the newborn then other factors like work etc before we thought it was the lofe making me an insomniac! Switched to th emirt and I swear I have never slept better! It took time to work out the best time to take it each day because believe me I could barely lift my head off the pillow initially and with a 4yr old demanding attention it was hard. As she gets me up anytime from 6:30am I find the best time is for me to take the mirt around 16:45 and by 21:30 I am falling asleep on the sofa.

As far as the depression and anxiety are concerned it's definitely helped there too though I always tell the dr I feel like I'm a 6 or 7 out of 10 on a scale of contentment so I often wonder how great I might feel on 45g but as I survive on 30mg a day it won't get changed!

I have found that I am hungry after taking them which being honest has been a nightmare - in the past year I have gained several stones that I am know trying to lose but I think I would rather struggle with that than how I felt without the tablets...it's a small price to pay (for me) in order to get on with life and get some enjoyment out of it and my daughter rather than staying in bed all day. Good luck x 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.