First panic attack.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi im 24 and had what i believe to be my first panic attack. I was in town and then felt this awful feeling that i was dreaming. Like not in my own body. Then with that i began to shake. My heart started racing i was sweating and thought i was at the end of my life. I rushed to the hospital where they took ecg.bloods. xrays the whole shebang but couldnt say what was wrong. Does this sound like a panic attack? This happened yesterday and now i feel withdrawn and spaced out ever since and scared it will happen again. Any advice i will appreciate. Thanks

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

I also was breathing rapidly and felt like i couldnt catch my breath. Asif i had a weight on my chest and a lump in my throat
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You most definitely had a panic attack
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This is absolutely a panic attack .... if doc says all reports are normal .... read threads related to health anxiety of heart and you will know that you are not alone and its very common ... its only anxiety
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thanks guys, Helps alot. I have never experienced anything like it. Im glad im not alone.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

This does sound like a panic attack. My first panic attack started with the very same symptoms.

First, my heart began to pick up the pace. After about 10 minutes or so, I was shaking uncontrollably. My limbs became numb, and I couldn't really grasp what was going on.

The next morning, I was diagnosed with Hypokalemia, which is what triggered the panic attack.

Panic attacks are normally caused due to your body finding some kind of change, and it reacts by telling the brain to release adrenaline, which causes your heart to pump more blood. It's just a fight or flight response that gives you extra strength in response to a dangerous situation. It's okay to feel scared. It's only natural.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

you are not alone my friend. yes what you experienced was a panic attack. i suggest you adress to a doctor. the sooner the better. it will help you learn more and cope with the situation better.

tkc!

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up