First post.

Posted , 4 users are following.

18 months on and just had a diagnosis. So MD it is. Had tinnitus and hearing loss then six episodes lasting up to two day over a period of six months, the last one five months ago. I have permanent imbalance which varies from barely noticeable to looking like  I do after 10 pints.I drive for a living and am fine in the car but have taken my old scooters off the road. I fall over when I stop! So that's the bad stuff.I am very excited as yesterday I had a hearing aid fitted which has masked the Tinnitus and allows me to enjoy by other passion, music. I hadn't appreciated how constantly listening in mono was affecting my enjoyment. I am going to try Tai chi to see if  can combatI the dizziness and get back on the road.

All good.

Keep on keeping on. xddx  

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dave...have been thinking of hearing aid but had one ent say it would do me no good.....I do have some hearing in bad ear but not much.....how is yours without  the hearing aid?  I have tinnitus.....music has become much less in my  life since the MD,,
    • Posted

Hey Bluesmann. I would have said I had virtually no hearing in the useful mid range, a little top and bottom but not much. A finger in the good ear and virtually silent. The hearing aid has given me back the mid range and a sense of noise direction. I was dancing around the kitchen last night with a big smile on my face. Don't expect miracles if you go for it as I think wearing it full time is going to take some getting used to but much better than without. I had started avoiding social events........fed up with saying pardon all the time. Can't wait to go to the pub and see what difference it makes. Tinnitus is definitely less intrusive but it is a balance between the volume on the aid and the associated increase in background noise and it's ability to mask it. Best of luck if you go for it. Dave

• Posted

sounds exactly like me....put a finger in my good ear I  barely hear anything.....going to give it a go....would love to be able to talk without saying pardon me.....and when someone from a distanbce says hello I cant tell which direction they are..
    • Posted

Give it a go and let me know how you get on. Best of British.

• Posted

Hi, I've been doing Yoga and Pilates for while in the hope of improving my balance, it seems to be getting slightly better. But only time will tell. Interested to hear how you get on with Tai Chi!

• Posted

Interesting. Thanks Well.

I think if nothing else it will help with stress.

Regards.....I'll keep you posted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.