First Time Flying Tomorrow, Hit My Head While Cleaning

Posted , 3 users are following.

So tomorrow is my first time ever on a plane, it's going to be 15 hours total. My anxiety is going off, I feel so sick to my stomach. Also today I was in such a rush today that I hit my head on a shelf when cleaning. It didn't fele hard but of course anxiety thinking the worse. Now my right eye feels funny. It doesn't look funny, just feels weird. Any tips for flying with Anxiety? I unfortunately don't take meds for it. I do have Amitriptyline but haven't started taking it yet. It's to prevent migraines but I heard it can be good for anxiety? 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Everyone can have anxiety during their first flight. I know. I did. What I did to lessen my anxiety is thinking that this is my first time, why not enjoy. I want to make my first flight fun and memorable. Stop thinking ang making negative thoughts. Have a leap of faith. Make adventure. It's fun! Good luck and God bless!
  • Posted

Take plenty to keep you and your and your mind busy . I had my kindle and my iphone . My iphone I made sure I had some mindful apps on to use when I felt bad - this helped loads. Also like precious post try and turn your thinking into positive thoughts and think of it as a fun adventure. I also herd that flying can be safer than driving - which is a thought I often refer too . Also planes fly every day to destinations which have all been safe smile good luck and enjoy x x
    • Posted

lol my fear is more of bloodclots in legs due to the long flight and also hitting my head earlier today and my eye feeling funny. I think it's odd with all of my anxiety and negative thinking the thought of flying isn't too bad. 
    • Posted

You will not get blood clots from that flight. Blood clots form from "repeated and prolonged" inactivity. And don't mind that funny feelings from your eyes. You can see just fine, so no worries.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.