First time on Citalopram on day two feel so sick!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello it's my first time on Citalopram I suffer with bad anxiety I used to be fine but this past year or so I can't get on a train I can't go into town I stuggle to do the food shop. I'm only 24 and I can't understand why I suddenly feel like this? 

So ive been prescribed citalopram please tell me it gets better? I'm In bed my head hurts I feel sick I'm sweating I feel dizzy when I stand euugggg I hate been stuck in bed but it's the only place I feel comfortable rite now I don't even have a tv in here I'm so bored!!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

Yes it's all very normal the first week or 2 isn't nice as the medication will heighten your aniexty before it gets better unfortunately .

The first week was bad for me Samantha hot flushes, wanted to be alone, aniexty was through the roof, crying all the time, no interest in tv, basically felt like I didn't fit in anywhere really . I struggled to see too.

But good news it does get better these meds aren't a quick fix as they take a while to get into your blood stream .

Keep taking them as I'm feeling 100 times better now. Give them time chick . I posted on this site most days and the ppl helped me massively and they will all help you too .

Xxxx Debi x

• Posted

Thanks I managed to pluck up the courage and take my other tablet this Morning whent back to see the docs and I just sat in my car for ages I didn't feel like I could go on but I did eventually. He has changed me down to 10 instead of 20 and told me to take it on a night so let's hope the side effects aren't as bad xx
  • Posted

Hi Samantha, I'm on day 10 20mg I felt bad first couple of days now I'm fine still getting the odd panic attack but not feeling as anxious as before I've been house bound almost 4 month didn't no what was going on with me couldn't take my kids to school or anything, I used to go dizzy and like I was about to fall over only felt safe in the house, this week I've been out with my husband 3 times out in shops ect I would of never had done that before so really pleased u will get there hun onest I'm not there as yet but starting to feel a bit like my normal self good luck 🍀 you will be fine xx
    • Posted

Yeah I hate leaving the house I feel as if somethig dreadful will happen I always have the urge to be sick with my anxiety but hopefully I'm on the rite path now X x
    • Posted

Yes I take mine at 9.30 on a night, hasn't affected my sleep as such, but wake up at 6 every morning, and didn't suffer with the side affects to much, hope you feel alot better soon keep intouch xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.