First Time Successful CIC?

Posted , 10 users are following.

On my 2nd attempt, got cath thru the hard areas by coughing, exhaling, etc... No blood at all. Not much flow came out of bladder as I was already pretty empty from natural void. Stings a bit afterwards, pretty much like a cystoscopy. Still feel a slight urge to urinate. Is this normal for first time CIC?

Basically, I can void decently on my own, just have this in case of emergency and/or if my flow weakens to the point I would actually need to do this. Thoughts? Thank you in advance!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had BPH for 15 years. Yesterday I had uro-flow dynamics test.It started with a urinary catheter then filling the bladder with saline and monitoring the emptying process. Later I got a call from the hospital that they lost the data and I have to come back tomorrow for a repeat.All night I was up in the bathroom with painful urination. The pain shot up my rectum while peeing.Is this from the prostate? The reason for this test is to see whether I'd be a candidate for prostate artery embolization.

TIA,

kevin

• Posted

The pain up your rectum is likely because they inserted probes up there for the urodynamics. Great, hospital lost your info - insult to injury 😦

• Posted

Hi Lvscott,

About an hour ago I sent you a fairly long message but addressed to a 'David'. Don't ask me where this name came from; I just don't know! My Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome + my 89 years of age do not help matters. My apologies to you.

Warm regards, alan86734

• Posted

All good sir, my Dad is 88, I totally understand - I wish you more years and good health ahead!

• Posted

Hi, Lvscott,

Thank you for your response. Another short addendum. Just before the 5th paragraph down, beginning, "You must maintain a moderate....." please insert the following:

"Lower penis to aim at the toilet, or graduated container if you are measuring quantity of urine. If you are caught too far away from either then block the flow by placing a very forceful finger on the catheter funnel; it is all too easy to squirt urine all over the room, garden hose fashion."

There are some other typos which are implicit so I have left them unchanged.

Warm regards. alan86734.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.