first timer help plz

Posted , 3 users are following.

im lost and confused so my friend gave me this site to use  here is whats going  on July 1st after a few drinks I had unprotected sex with a promiscuous friend I know dumb choice we had sex she said she was clean  but I tend to over think a thing and now I'm confused it was my first time having sex.

2 weeks later since that time I been having tingling/ little pins and needles feeling all over my body  no flu-like symptoms may be a little sore throat extra sensitive skin I have been pooping more headaches my left leg hurts at the back of the knee and my neck has felt stiff scratching all over mostly my legs.

since the 7th of august now i feel  a lymph node on the left side of my neck and one in front of my left ear and tingling/ little pins and needles feeling all over my body scratching all over mostly my legs and head but i do get it on my neck and arms and minor chest pains.

i keep looking up symptoms and thinking i have it  

Are these feelings hiv related or anxiety  related?

please help im losing sleep

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, anxiety can create any symptoms. Try to divert your mind from that thing. Test after 30 days with 4th generation. And then after 90 days. 
  • Posted

Firstly, do not Google your symptoms. I did this and drove myself crazy. My doctor said there is so much false information on the Internet, that you can falsely diagnose yourself with anything if your mind is in that place. Anxiety definitely creates more symptoms.

As you did have sex, it is always wise to go and get an STD screening. It's better to catch things early rather than later.

• Posted

Seems like anxiety to me. Remember that only around 40% of infected people get the symptoms of the primoinfection. But as you have had sex with a friend which is more than just that with many, as you say, my advice is to ask for a complete std screening. In the case of hiv most of the infections are picked up by a 4th generation elisa for blood from vein between 21 and 28 days after the last risky exposure. At day 46 you got 95% of the cases and the remaining 5% will take up to 90 days to show the proper amount of antibodies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.