First week TKR

Posted , 8 users are following.

Well I went the physio today one week after my operation,not feeling very good as you know as not been eating very much. But after a few tears and Connor my Physio said lets see how you have done.

Omg Lynn your bend is 93 yay!!! And straightening is down to 3 degrees. After a few more tears and he massaged my knee, I bent it back over the side of the massage table go go go I bent it as far as I could oh the bloody pain....then came the measure I got a 100 degrees bend in one week.

also I put a official complaint in about the aenithatist 

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done. Why did u complain?
    • Posted

She was so rude when she came to see me when I said I do not want a epidural she was fuming at me ....then I told her I wanted a anti sickness jab never got one also I'm only tiny and when I went in to be put out she was nasty too me...I could not get on the bed and she shouted get on it I was omg ...then she said your veins are crap if I cannot find one your not having the op...then she just rammed the canular in my wrist blood went everywhere...she told the guy with her not to worry about it they have a competition who spills more bloody in here or the theatre...by then I was really scared she never spoke a word to say right time to go to sleep just rammed it in my wrist so cold it hurt and out I went... She was cold callous and not very nice at all
    • Posted

OMG!!! What a horrible person!! Glad you have complained. Your treatment was unbelievable!!' I can't believe what you've just said ... how dare she treat you like that! I really hate pathetic narrow minded people like her. It's your choice how you want to be put out. Seriously people like her make me want to swear! 😡😡😡😡
    • Posted

Good heavens, just what you need on top of all the worry and stress of having a very major operation! . . .You are right to put in aan official complaint . .horrible person!!!
    • Posted

Thanks Clarkey I am taking her as high as a kite through the right channels
    • Posted

So you should. Shocking treatment. Seriously how on earth can she get away with that kind of treatment and to even laugh when she drew blood on you! Nasty piece of work. Don't let her get away with it .... fight her all the flipping way!! Xx
    • Posted

There's a license that shouldn't be just revoked, it should be burned in public and the medical school that gave her the degree should be fined for malpractice. Sounds like she should have gone to clown school instead of medical school
  • Posted

Incredible Lynn!  Yes, it does hurt doesn't it . . but don't let them hurt you too much!  there seem to be such differeing opinions. My surgeon said it wasn't good to push to the point where you feel like (or actually do in my case!) scream! and after that I said goodbye to the physiotherapist! But then, I have to say, I only have 100/105  bend now at 11 weeks!!!  so maybe it's a good idea. . . 
    • Posted

Well Martin when he looked at left leg TKR I had on 10th Dec 2014 it too me till 5th Jan 15 to get to 100 degrees same physio ....he is great pushes you but not over the top he knows my limit I'm strong willed and want to get on with life...I bought a lightweight roller for my leg in Dec I rolled my feet on it back and forth also stood it up on end and put my heal on it to stretch my tendons.... I got it in Argos a tenner best buy ever ... 
    • Posted

Might see if my daughter could get one and send it over. is it very heavy???

Sounds as if I could do with something like that for the tendons in the calf, which are definitely shorter than the 'good' leg. . .but over here in Tenerife, no Argos I'm afraid!

• Posted

Sorry, cursor jumps all the time, and makes messages into nonsense. . I must learn to read before I click on send. . . . 
    • Posted

Light as a feather Hun my left leg was bowed out and was 23 degrees bent upwards tendons where so tight but this helped a treat also bands tension bands are great worked for me. I got them off ebay three coulers three strengths left leg now is five degrees and straight get in there work hard we will get there 
    • Posted

Martin it's called a foam roller about two and half foot long 9.99p Argos uk or look on Ebay or Amazon no weight in it 
    • Posted

Yes, feeling lazy today . .but got to get straightening. . it's fine when walking, but try to stand in a queue and it really plays up, starts trembling . . have to keep moving and all the people in the queue look at me as if I am mad. . .Its at 10 degrees. . much too much, I know . . . 
    • Posted

right, Amazon deliver to Tenerife. . but nor Argos. . .Unfortuantely get stung for import duty which is usually more than the value of the article, but anything for this  . . . .knee . . .
    • Posted

Oh good heavens, there are absolutely thousands of them!  thanks for the info!
    • Posted

Look for red yellow green in little black bag I give them great review on my knee about the bands they really do help...I know what you mean standing for a while I was like a fidget could not keep still lol
    • Posted

Set of 3 Resistance Loop Bands + FREE User Guide - Strengthen/Tone Shoulders, Arms, Hips and Legs Without Adding Bulk - Perfect For General Fitness Training, Workouts At Home, As Part Of Pilates or Yoga Class, Or A Rehabilitation Program After Injuryby PB Fitness

Martin these where from Amazon 12.99 look them up he has great reveiws you will see mine on there too 

• Posted

Interesting!  What kind of "Roller" are you referring to about?   I might want to check it out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.