First weigh in today after 27 days of orlistat

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was worried id not lost anything as i dont feel any diffrent, i saw the nurse today who wouldnt tell me my weight loss till she had went in another room, she came back with 3 bags of sugar and poured half out ov one then made me hold my hands out infront, she placed 2 full bags and the half bag in my hands and says how does that feel, i replied its heavy she says well u have lost 5lb in your first month well done, i was over the moon, but if she had of just said awww u lost 5lb i probably would be gutted, so im feeling more possitive now wink

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Well done on your weight loss, and what a good way to hit home how much your loss  weighs. 

Keep it going smile 

• Posted

Thanx hun im so happy coz i was convinced i hadnt lost even 1lb but its made me more determined to get this right and loose more, im guna up my time at the gym by 15 minutes extra each time x
    • Posted

You must be sooooo happy 👏👏👍👏👏 

It's hard to see it yourself as you look so hard every day. I've kept away from family since I started, week 3 on these tabs. Today, some saw me and were like, wow you have really lost loads. I know 7 pounds has come off so far, but made me come home and drink lots more water to encourage more. 

As long as the numbers are going down, I'm happy smile 

Keep up the work, the gym really tones up. I'm training 3 times per week. 

• Posted

Everyones loosing 10lb and more thats why i was disappointed i hope i loose more next time xx
    • Posted

Please don't get disheartend...  All body's are different and will lose fat at an individual speed, you'll definitely reach your goal , I was slow in taking off too and have now lost 10lb in almost 4 weeks( was hoping for more) but I'm Shelagh and I'm not going to lose weight at the same rate as 'Jane' xxx
  • Posted

Aww that's fantastic !! 🎉🎊🎈

She sounds lovely too, keep up the fab work xxx

• Posted

Yea ive accepted everyones diffrent but its made me more determined to loose more, 5lb is a start, my partner was so chuffed for me but hes canny like that xxx
  • Posted

Well done. Quite often seeing and feeling what you have lost inspires you more. Wait until you have lost a stone, put 14 bags of sugar in a back pack and walk around with it. 
  • Posted

Well done you! x x x 

Oh yes! It brings it home to you when you actually can feel the weight in your hands. I used to put bags of sugar in a carrier too when trying to lose weight.

I am being weighed on the 15th, it will be my first weigh in after a month, I will be thankful to have lost anything. I dont actually feel much different, although mu skirts are not as "snug" If I have lost 5lb I would be more than happy, as its going in the right direction :-)

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Well done that's fab. Everyone is different but a loss is a loss no matter what. Keep it up. X 
  • Posted

Im 40yr old and I had lost a stone before going on the orlistat, i was very ill and i dropped the stone  due to not eating or drinking for 18 days and was took in hospital, so to make sure weight didnt go back on i had to go 6 weeks on my own without help to prove i could do it, then eventually they gave me orlistat when they seen i worked hard, im determined to loose 2 stone, the day i started orlistat i was 13st 6lb, good luck everyone xxxx
  • Posted

A big pat on the back for you , weldone and 🍻cheers to the next 5lb xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.