Firtst weigh in

Posted , 4 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

Been back to the doc today and have lost 8lb feel a bit dissappointed as I thought it would be more I have tried really hard and stuck to the 30 g of fat a day. Oh well will keep it up and see if I have a better time next month although not to sure about that cos of christmas.

:roll:

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

are you kidding??? 8lbs in a month is absolutely fantastic! most people lose between 3 and 9lbs in their first month and after that it slows down.

Its better to lose slowly that quickly, apparently if you lose too quick then you're likely to regain it

• Posted

maybe my expectations were too high, i have dieted before and lost quite a lot more but after being put on meds last year gained five stone and am desperate to loose it and nothing else has worked so though i feel the lose is small at least it is working as many other diets have not x :oops:
  • Posted

so you've stuck to the 30g fat max rule, have you been exercising?

unfortunately weight doesnt fall off as quick as it piles on sad keep at it and you should see and feel the difference

• Posted

Hi Mummy Constantine

Me again don't be down about losing 8lbs that is brillaint. I think of it as bags of sugar to give me a visual idea so you have lost more than 3 and half bags of sugar Get three kilo bags of sugar -look how much space they take ,then try walking around holding them ! I've lost over 20 bags of sugar since mid April.

Keep it up smile

• Posted

Trying hard that really is a good name for you and you are doing brilliantly.

Mummy C your loss is great and don't forget as well as losing weight your body shape will be changing, at times the weight might not seem to come off as the weight doesn't change but you will be losing cm's around your body so be proud you are doing great :ok:

• Posted

8lb is amazing!!!!

A steady 1-2lb a week is far healthier than rapid losses and I believe you are more likely to keep it off. Keep going!

I went into the supermarket and put blocks of lard into a basket when I lost my first 7lbs...wow, that's some weight!

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up