Fissure split again after healing with botox

Posted , 4 users are following.

Very depressed tonight. Was healing after Botox injection that I had end of April. Had a harder stool today and I'm now sore again, looked in the mirror and its split again near my anal opening. Instilagel stings when I put that on for pain relief.

My surgeon is NHS based and has said he has only ever performed one LIS and that was on an elderly lady. He said he has performed Botox on hundreds of fissures and they've all healed eventually. He doesn't want to perform LIS on someone my age.. I get that due to the risk of incontinence... Will this nightmare EVER end?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, My colorectal surgeon told me to take laxido/movical every day without fail. After having awful bleeding and pain for years, this works for me, I'm drinking more too, and find that even one day without the laxido makes the next days bm more solid and I'm straining. Having had a rectocele repair I'm trying not to strain, touch wood.

• Posted

I do not know how old you are, but I might consider getting LIS surgery done from a different surgeon who has performed it multiple times.
  • Posted

Hey Melissa a few things you can do to heal the fissure

1-take Miralax daily, along with magnesium citrate if you need it, these will keep your stool like soft serve ice cream no matter what you eat.

2) put petroleum jelly in your bum with your finger before every bowel movement, this will lubricate and prevent tearing of the fissure

3) squat on the rim of toilet or buy a squattie potty, this straightens your digestive tract and makes you not need to push or strain as much

4) buy desitin 40‰ zinc oxide cream and start applying with a q tip directly into the fissure cut itself after bowel movements and before bed. This speeds up skin renewal significantly and will heal the fissure in just a few days (seriously) if you also follow the above steps. The botox should help keep a retear from happening after the fissure itself heals up. Continue with the poletroleum jelly every bm for a few months atleast and you shouldn't have another fissure

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.