Flagy - nauseated - gassy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has Flagy made anyone else nauseated and gassy and bloated ? If it has what's good to take ? It makes me scared that infection has spread since right now I'm only on Flagy but do start Bactrim at 12 o'clock today I hope someone is awake and can reply.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yes.. my doctor had me to split mine in half because it was making me really nauseated. He also put me on a pill for the nausea. I don't recommend you to do it without your doctors permission first. I just had a flare up for my first time on the 15th of this month. I'm still recovering.. I go to my Gastroenterologist this coming Tuesday. I've been asking a lot of questions and I've had a lot of support on here. I know I'm not much right now.. but just wanted to let you know what Flagyl did to me 😊

• Posted

Flagyl always makes me feel sick, dizzy and bloated.
    • Posted

Lyn did you stick with the Flagy ? The dizziness (weird dizzy) and other nasty side affects I'm not sure I can finish 7 days might alone 14!!!!

• Posted

Yes I do stick with it, fortunately I work only two days a week, but this last attack I was too dizzy and sick to go to work.  I really must go to my GP to ask if there is an alternative antibiotic, although I am allergic to penecillian.
    • Posted

Well let me know I been on the FLagy since this past Monday and started Bactrim with it the other day , Lynn how many days so far have you been on Flagy ? 
    • Posted

I have finished taking it now, I was on it for seven days.

• Posted

Lyn did that Flagy make your head feel weird?
    • Posted

Yes it does, some people also get headaches too.
  • Posted

ive been on cephalex.It isnt working so im not sure what the next stage of operation is.Maybe an operation...LOL
    • Posted

Justin did they just give you one antibiotic to take and for how long? What test did you have for diagnosis?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.