flare up.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Just wanted to share I'm having a bit of a relapse. Work and life got a bit much then I got a cold and my symptoms are all back it's so frustrating. Anxiety kicks in due to cold and stress, then I got ssome health anxiety due to my symptoms. Feel like I'm back where I started pains all over ibs heartburn, feel noted up pains in arms back.. looks like I'll need to go back on ppis for a bit. Better see the doc Tuesday. . Any advice is welcome, quite hard to stay positive and relax lol.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello  I can't really give you any new advice but thought I would reply just to say I know just how you feel and hope you are soon on top of things.  It does seem to me that stress and anxiety (I too suffer form anxiety) seem to trigger symptoms, and I too seem to get worse after having a cold.  I wish you well and hope you get some help from your doctor soon.
  • Posted

Many things can conspire to promote excess acid production.

As you have obviously previously discovered, PPIs are the best way for keeping acid hyper-secretion under control.

• Posted

Hi Yes ppi's are good at acid control and are great for some people. Many like myself find that they cause side effects.  In my own case they cause stomach cramps and constipation.  I have IBS and they obviously upset this condition.  Other will not take them because of long term problems but many people find they need them to have any sort of life.  I have had a slight flare up and tried omeprazole again only to get the same stomach cramps so now on ranitidine which help but hoping to come off these as I think they may be causing dizziness although as I take lots of different medication you can never be sure what is causing what side effect.
  • Posted

Thankyou for your king words and support. I asked the doc to screen for possible allergies so Im having a blood test.during seeing her she discovered my gall bladder was full tho she said this could be normal. Think I had a virus tho which caused most of this discomfort only as my wife is now suffering. I would like her to discoverallergy/intolerance in food as I like you mentioned don't like the idea of being on long term med as I'm only 34 not overweight.. and having changed my diet substancilly have a relatively healthier way of living. The only think lack now is exercise which is daunting as some of the symptoms I get armpit hest pain lol....
    • Posted

Sorry to hear you are suffering and your wife as well.  I do hope your gp can help you.  You are young with your whole life ahead of you so hang on in there and don't get fobbed off until you get it sorted.  Please let me know how you get on.  Sorry if I sound like your mum but I am nearly 69 and have 3 children all in their 40's.
    • Posted

I think I'm getting on top of things again just hard not to worry when there pain in your chest. Especially when you have an active mind.. I do need something to ocupy the time my brain thinks and goggles things,it's just horrid that when you search for your symtoms they nearly always lead you to somewhere which is heart related. As due to my stress and anxiety I have ibs and this is weirdly enough leading me to worry about my diet. In turn not allowing me to eat relaxed. I've heard some things on prebiotic I think I'd really like to try them has anyone had anything positive from them.

One last thing I find it really hard to believe my doc when he says it's diet as this is so wide spread I'm quite concerned about what I should let my children eat as I'm sure it's probably something additive wise which is only present in today's foods.

• Posted

Watch on netflix forks and knifes.  Not something we can all do for many reasons but is a eye opening because the future does not look good when it comes to food and how is harming us. ;-(
  • Posted

His I hope you are feeling better . I took omeprozole for a while but they did not agree with me.

Made me feel really booted and feel windy stomach. Also Stomach cramps got Dr to change them on Lanzoprozol in morning and Rantitdine at night much better

Hope this helps but what suits one person do sent suit another .mad me feel really booted uncomfortable and put on weight. Felt much better after changed

• Posted

Up and down been taking multi vitamins every other day. Getting better with my anxiety. Just all my aches and pains doing my head in lol. Stiff neck and tenndenatus in left arm a great pain lol. But ibs almost non existent now which is good. Might cut down on tea with milk as I heard it promotes bacteria growth and need to get my esophagus healed up. As that is the thing which causes me anxiety the most.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.