flare up

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone. Sorry, but I need to have a moan. I'm having a really painful flare up and feeling really fed up. Just when i thought I was on top of it too!! The problem is I can't figure out what caused this episode. Dr. says I'm doing everything right but he also said I need to be realistic and expect this to happen. Off work again. This is getting ridiculous. Be easier not to eat. Advice is so contradictory, I am confused. I really appreciate everyone's comments in this group and to be able to come on here has been a real help. Thank you and sorry for moaning.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I actually think that if you have had a lot of antibiotics for this condition the destruction of the microbiome makes it more likely that flare ups will occur as you have very few good bacteria in the guts to combat the bad ones. I have been taking a probiotic for nearly six months now and apart from some minor discomfort when I unwisely ate Chinese and beef cheek in the same week I have been ok. I still get twinges on the left hand side but these tend to pass after going to the loo and it might be my adhesions pulling anyway. I really feel that the probiotics are helping. I have had to more or less give up eating red meat and I chew my food up more than I used to. If you are not taking them give the probiotics a try.
    • Posted

I just bought some probiotics and will get those started as soon as they arrive!
    • Posted

Thank you Debs, I understand your frustration, I have just started a new job, which I love and am off already. I too have bought the probiotics and am eating soup only. Keep your chin up. Wishing you all the very best.P x
    • Posted

Hi Madge, I agree with you about the antibiotics. Catch 22 isn't it? Need to sort the infection out then then there are the side effects. I have bought the probiotics today as mentioned by a few people, thank you for that. Best regards.
    • Posted

Hope it clears up soon. Ialso take aloe vera juice everyday. This is supposed to help with inflamation. I take magnesium to help keep constipation at bay and chew crystallised ginger root as well. Luckily I can eat onions and garlic still and I eat a small clove of raw garlic every other day. The good bugs are supposed to love the onion family.
    • Posted

Thank you Madge, I take the aloe Vera juice too but haven't heard about magnesium in this case so that's great tip. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.