flashbacks or gone crazy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone me again im wondering weather fellow anxiety suffers have ever experienced this feeling sometimes I can be looking at old photos from years ago and all of a sudden i get a feeling of being back in that time frame i no its not reality but the feeling is very strong I can also get this feeling out of the blue watching a tv show that I remember watching around a time that ment something to me the feeling can last for a hour its quite uncomfortable. I hope someone else has experienced this of course my ocd comes into play and I start to question my sanity help is this normal?

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

I don't get that exact feeling, but I can relate to it in the way i get bizarre thoughts about existance sometimes all I have to do is look at something and I feel like my whole life is just a big figment of someone's imagination and ino it's not reality but for a second I seem to believe my thouhts which makes me very anxious and gives me panic attack symptoms sometimes. So maybe it's along the same lines as what your saying.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah after thinking about it it's probs more under the ocd thoughts It just seemed to sound like it sparked a similar strange feeling to ones I get with existance. I mean what I experience is genuinely frightening to the point where sometimes I go to bed for re day only to get up to make food. Don't know what effects your thoights have on you, but it definately revolves around thoughts because thoughts cause the feelings
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Yeah it could b ocd im not sure its not bad memories its actually nice memories but feels uncomfortable its strange what anxiety can do. How long have you been dealing with mental health issues
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

It is not OCD.  OCD is having obssesive thoughts.  Like someone feels after washing their hands, that they are not clean enough.  They obsess that they are not cleaning their hands enough, thinking of germs that they could catch, etc.  Also keeping things in a certain order, and become anxious if things are moved.  And have to do ritualistic things to make sure things are in order.  Some have it with locks, checking, locking, and rechecking locks to make sure they are locked, etc. 
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

These are normal feelings that everyone gets.  Smell of food our parents ate will trigger our memories.  The same is with looking at pictures, etc. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Michael thanks for the message back is it normal to feel like im reliving it i feel strange when this happens i no in reality im not back reliving the memory but half of my brain feels like iam its uncomfortable
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Our minds can play tricks on us with intrusive thoughts.  FEELINGS come from our THOUGHTS.  You migh think "TImes were so better when this picture was taken, now I feel fearful all the time"  Thoughts like this can make you feel as live is not good enough now.  When in reality you your life is not perfect, your possibly overlooking the good in your life?
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi again thanks for writing back i think your on to something because ive noticed that when I get these memory flashbacks its about good times in my life and for the last few months ive been really struggling to be me again and get back to normal so maybe my brains picking out good memories cause it was then I had less problems thanks i feel less stressed now this forum is great
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up