flat stools for a few days

Posted , 3 users are following.

i just turned 16 and kind of been a hypochondriac the past few months and don’t know why. my stools have always been normal with the occasional diarrhea or constipation. i had a colonoscopy when i was 11 because of stomach problems (nausea everyday). it came back clear but a pill cam discovered an infection in my small intestine and now i’m fine. for the past week probably my stool has been the same size as usual but somewhat flatter. don’t really know what i need to do. i also do have psoriasis on my bottom that occasionally cracks and causes a small amount of bleeding, but no blood in stool.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I am a huge hypochondriac. Pippa is right. My stools are always changing and often don't seem normal. I've been to different doctors and have had numerous tests. They haven't found anything wrong with me except IBS. Try not to worry. But if it continues, then see your Dr for peace of mind.

I have a question about the pill cam. How did you get to do that instead of an endoscopy? What was it like? I've been wanting to do that.

• Posted

ok thank you, but i actually did have an endoscopy also. forgot to add that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.