Flight Or Fight Syndrome

Posted , 4 users are following.

We are are all programmed with this primitive, automatic, inborn response, it's an area of our brains, the hypothalamus when stimulated prepares us to protect our selves. The juices start flowing, our body gets ready, ready, ready, but there's no one to fight, or run from. No beast to fight, except what is imagined, our own example of stress.

I would suggest to do some research on the "fight or flight syndrome", understand what your body is reacting to. Maybe it will be a beginning of the acceptance of the big mind bluff.

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

Spot on. I did and it helped me no end. Education and insight into the condition is key to acceptance and recovery. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah,

our thinking provokes thoughts real or imagined. Mostly imagined because our minds tend to be on rehashing the past ( which isn't reality it's more perception )or off in some future event, ( which will likely not ever happen) very rarely do people stay in the moment that they are in. Our ego's find it boring ......mine does I know ...

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Isn't it logical that this panic thing stems from some sort of a guilt complex? Maybe it's our way to pay for some subconscious act that we feel needs self retaliation, so it manifests itself into a feeling of panic. Maybe we need self forgiveness, if in fact that is the case.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Some one told me once that anxiety comes when we don't express our anger.sometimes we can't express it...at a boss ..at a co worker at a spouse or a child. Some people have an un controllable bad temper. I have anxiety anger turned in ward. I'm not saying a bad temper is good far from it but recognizing when I feel angry and even writing is down has helped keep the panic at bay.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thats why I lift weights, getting that extra rep out, increasing weight, been doing it for years. It releases tension, makes me feel great afterwards, even the muscles repairing the next day, that slight pain, knowing I had a good workout the previous day. Same with bicycle, or trikke, or soon to be,Me-Mover riding. The exercise almosr eliminates this false, self inflicted panic that is programmed by us. Time to crash that needless habit that doesn't make anyone happy, unless feeling miserable makes your day.
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yes, I agree whole hearted. I had a very physical job for 20 years cleaning houses and then I worked shipping and receiving on a dock at Motorola ...and both jobs saved me. When I got on the remeron I started getting muscle aches in my hips n legs. I was told it was fibro by my doctor and not much could be done. My brother has lower back problems from lifting and I thought oh maybe it's genetic or something.

or maybe it's because I'm near 60, age can do that I guess. Then I started reading a out mirtazapine and wow, not many but a few people had severe muscle aches.

i went off the medication, hoping it might just be the problem. I went on it in 2006 avoiding drugs for most of my life. The great news I was off it 21 days and my muscle aches went away. The bad news for me was I got so sick I had to go back on it.

connecting with other people who have the same problem as I have ( having a difficult time getting off the remeron) really seems to help me because none of the three doctors have had a clue....to anything related to this drug. Maybe I should have suspected it was habit forming but never would I have believed It would be this physically addicted to this stuff. To the point where I might need to take off work for a month. So, it was a double whammy at the end of the ride, addiction and the inability to get out there and really work out. Sometimes I  spend hours just walking behind a shopping cart to get my walks in. I can't walk far without support.

ive found nothing like exercise to help me feel good and also to help me sleep. That all changed in 2006. A series of one loss after another set me into a sleepless state and I'm sure mena pause didn't help at all

ive learned a lot from all this. About trying to take short cuts with medications, about trusting what other more educated people think or don't think, about trusting myself and about never giving up ....and always letting go. So it's sure been educational.

ots been painful. It's been proof that no matter what I will go forward. I haven't lost my love for myself or humanity.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up