floaters and seeing things

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hey I just wondered if any of you guys see things in the corner off your eyes like flashes and things going across the room and floaters.. please answer...worried

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I get this not everyday but few times a week il have days were I see little black floaters in my eyes and a flash of light out corner of eye usually just the one side.
  • Posted

Floaters occur when the vitreous, a gel-like substance that fills about 80 percent of the eye and helps it maintain a round shape, slowly shrinks. As the vitreous shrinks, it becomes somewhat stringy, and the strands can cast tiny shadows on theretina. These are floaters.
  • Posted

Yes- exactly as you describe and all the time at the height of my anxiety. Still get them but don't notice them as much now I have anxiety 'under control'- as much as that can be the case.
    • Posted

How do you think you got your anxiety "under control"? and i'm thankful to hear this btw....good for you!!!! but still want to know how smile
    • Posted

I could barely function: pins and needles, headaches, vision issues, chest pains and more physical symptoms as well as constant worry these caused about illness. I worried deeply over everything- even ridiculous little things. This lasted for 6 months but with psychotherapy weekly, http-5 and b complex vits, writing about my anxiety (reflecting), talking to friends and tackling things that were at its root I've come a long way. Determination was important, but so were friendships. Reading comments here also helped massively to see I'm not alone and many had my symptoms. I was also given propanolol and took it for a month which helped a lot, stopping the adrenaline. Oh and long breaths out if I felt a palpitation or symptom. I hope something here helps!
  • Posted

Yes! My anxiety has spiraled out of control the past few weeks and I've noticed a little black floater in my vision around the same time. It's really annoying lol
  • Posted

I have eye issues. I Have eye ailments as well. Scary. Recent though a few years. Flashes and floaters can be ok and nothing to worry about but you must get an eye exam and your eyes dialated to be sure. Let them tell you its fine. I leave it at that. Never ifnore the eyes they are important.
  • Posted

I am done with acute anxiety after 12 years of treatment. But I still get all those after periods of prolonged stress, after a cold and when I don't sleep enough. I think it is exhaustion. Rest up when you can. If it gets worse you can always check with your GP. Maybe your blood pressure is low or you have some deficiency. Are you taking any meds by the way? For anxiety or anything else? Many can contribute to this actually.
  • Posted

Hi John,

i get lots of vision problems, my way of copping and the only way is an immediate eye closing for 20 mins. I can watch the flashing lights disappeare. Migraine is my suspicion. 

Stress sucks!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.