flu increase :( scared

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi sorry not posted for a while I have till now been doing great.

Started flu 11th november whist pregnant 20mg took 12weeks but got there smile

Not baby is 7weeks the anxiety and depression is coming back. Saw doctor to try catch it quick and he's increased me to 40,mg but I'm so scared coz my start up was dreadful my depression and anxiety was heightened and I was lighyhead for 10weeks sad

I took 30mg this morning

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

Yes you will have some side effects about 3 to 5 days after upping the dose but they are not as bad as when you first start taking flu. Slight increase with anxiety but fades pretty quickly - stick in there you'll soon be back to normality.

• Posted

Thank you. I feel really lightheaded all ready after one does but it could b the anxiety I'm suffering from been so scared coz I know if getting it back. I was so well I was normal me at long last but seems it only lastest 8weeks. Hope increase is the right thing. I can't get crippling depression again its a evil thing sad
    • Posted

You will be fine Rachel it takes a couple of weeks after upping the dose for everything to calm down again but then you will be back to your own self again - stick with it & we are all here for you if you need to talk xx
    • Posted

Thank you. Just hope its not like the start sad got a 7 week old baby to care for xx
  • Posted

Hiya honey

Nice to have you back! I increased to 30mg about 4-5 wks ago I think n had no side effects apart from worse sleep. I feel fab at the moment, whether its the dose increase or end of all those medical tests im not sure but havent increased to 40 as already feel great.

Hope it goes smoorhly for you. Big hugs to you n ava :-)

Take care

Vix xx

• Posted

This gives me hope. So glad ur so well smile fab. I'm so upset that I had 7weeks of me back now I'm all non edge and dizzy again going down the slope (trying to stop it) only took two 30mg so I'm sure its not the meds but I'm so anxious and scared again. Trying to go out but so scared of freaking out but lonely at home till 3. Baby is doing really well she's a little chunk now. ((Love))
    • Posted

Hoping that extra 10mg will stop it as its trying to start I'm sure I got it quite early this time x
    • Posted

Rachel, just remember lots of new mummies go through down time, your hormones are all over the place. Your life has changed completely & you are now responsible for a new baby. Pressures of a different kind not necessarily the retun of old ones. Take care & be kind to yourself. Make arrangements for people to visit you for a couple of hours, or pick up the phone & have a chat, having contact with others will lift your spirits. Google social groups for new mums in your area, there are lots of Meetup groups out there that can make the biggest difference in your world. X
    • Posted

Its strange with me I get this fog over me like a dizzy disconnected feeling. Even if my mood is OK I'm stuck in a bubble its a really strange scary feeling
    • Posted

Well, I thankfully came off them 2 wks ago & I cannot begin to tell you how clear my mind is now & how reconnected I am with life. They helped me get through an emotional stage, which I was able to rectify, so once that was resolved I believed it unesecaary to continue. I was on them for just 12 wks, the first 4 after 2/3wks I was able to face up to wrong doings due to the influence of another & take on board other people's views. After that, I found them completely debilitating. I just wanted to sleep, didn't get dressed some days, horrendous head aches, my sleeping pattern completely turned round, didn't go to bed until 4am very often due to not being motivated to start doing things until 3pm. My sleeping pattern is still completely to pot, but I am trying to get to bed earlier. Night sweats, shakes two or three times during the medication. But, we all react differently to medication. That was my experience. It helped me when I needed it to, but so glad to be off them! After 6wks Rachel, if you don't feel it is helping you, please talk to your doctor, as I say, we all react differently & lots of people on here have very positive things to say about flux. Take care & try to get people your age around you with common interests, that is the best medication. Live your life, don't exist in it, it doesn't need to cost you money, just find the right company. ;-) 
    • Posted

It took 12weeks to work for me so very different story but I was so ill mentally and side effects where dreadful. Glad ur now clear headed something I'm not if med free at this moment in my life x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.