Flu-like symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies,

For the past few days I've been feeling like I've got some sort of bug. It started Sunday evening with a sore throat. Then it progressed into Monday morning with aches and stiffness in my neck and legs, stuffy nose and head. But as the day went on the feeling was kind of hitting me off and on. Today when I woke up it was the same thing, the only difference is that the symptoms kind of dissipated as the morning progressed but I can still feel that flu-like/cold feeling but only subtly. I don't know if any of this makes sense? 🤷‍♀️

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello, IF you do not have a fever...than it probably is not the flu. I get allergies around this time...leaves falling, more mold spores in the air. Cold like symptoms, achey neck, scratchy throat, sniffles. I also had strep twice...but, my throat was like swallowing glass when I swallowed. Sounds like allergies or a cold...our immunity is just not the same anymore!

• Posted

Thankfully no fever. Yeah I figured it was probably just allergies and or a cold too. This weather has been wonky this season so fst

• Posted

Oh, I know! We have had frost already. Today I thought I was feeling sort of ok...got very cloudy outside....ran an errand for a few minutes, now I have pressure on the bridge of my nose. I think I just need to put myself in a bubble...and just pop it when this is all over!

• Posted

hi there i had this a few weeks ago now it felt this same think it was just a cold but with the perimenopause going on too made me feel really ill .I think there alot of bugs going around at the moment too that doesnt help neither ,Hope you feel better soon

• Posted

Yes whenever I do go to the doctor they say it's viral. They also say their office has been flooded with similar cas

• Posted

oh yes ....a feeling like ive been hot by a bus.....yes for me nothing to do with allergies.....just feeling like crap.....rest and go easy....its a strange feeling to describe as achy fluey....mi felt like my body was dying last january.....awful physical feelings at times but i think its our bodies transitioning and one GP said to me....once hormones change, everything changes......drink plenty and rest. it will pass. CK

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.