Fluid in vagin vault and endometrium cavity

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

I'm looking for some advise. I had a open myomectomy of a 9cm fibroid on the 30/08/16 when I cam round from surgery I was aware of severe pain on the right side of the scar into my groin area. I was told this was normal. (I have spoke about this in the forum for Uterine Fibroids a few weeks ago) after my 3 days in hospital I was dis aged in a lot of pain to which I was told by the nurses that this wasn't normal. I went to my dictirs a few days later and he sent me back to the hospital where I stayed for 7 nights and had a ultra sound scan that showed no collection. I was told this was all due to nerve pain and we go on about 2 weeks I was discharged with oramorph, diclafenic, paracetamol and laxatives nothing really changed over the coming week so went back to my GP who was not happy with what the hospital advised as he says nerve pain does not go in 2 weeks. My HP tried me in 2 lots of Nieves painkillers and I was allergic to both so I went back to the above meds.. In this time my surgeon is off having a operation himself.. So I carry on and get a letter from my surgeon to say my appointment for the 14/10/16 for check up is cancelled to the 28/10/16... I wasn't too pleased with this, however I had my physio appointment on the 13/10/16.. I was really struggling right up the the physio appointment but didn't wast to bother the GP again so thought I will just wait till the 28th, however I attended physio only got her to be not happy with the amount of pain i am in and she called the house dictor at the hospital, I was admitted for another week this time had a cat scan that showed a small collection of fluid in vigina vault and emdietium cavity to which they seemed happy with and again get discharged with no real answers just wait and see my Surgen and referred to chrinic pain. Does anyone know anything about this small collection in these regions.. There is a little on the internet that says they shouldn't be there, could this be causing my pain on the right and in vagina region like a dull heavy shooting ache? I hope someone can shed some light as I'm feeling g worse than before the op now. Xx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel for you, that must be awful, and certainly doesn't sound right. Don't know anything about the fluid collection but would doubt this would cause you problems. I think you can only be persistent with the surgeon that the pain is unacceptable. Hope you get a solution x

• Posted

Its funny you mention the fluid. I had a UFE on 8/18/16. On 10/10/16, my menstrual pain was excruciating!! I had to go to the Emergency Room for relief. I picked up my report and copy of CT Scan last night to take to my appointment with my surgeon that was made to figure out what is going on. When I looked at my report from the hospital, it mentioned fluid in the pelvic area. I'm on my way to the surgeon in an hour or so. I'll let you know what he says about the fluid.

• Posted

Oh that's great if you could.. Hopefully nothing too serious for us. Look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you

Kelli

• Posted

Hey there! I spoke to my surgeon regarding the fluid. He doesn't seem to be concerned. He stated that sometimes ovulation can cause fluid build-up. Now, I went online to look it up and it stated that fluid can be normal or there can be issues. I plan to run it past my gynecologist for a second opinion, just to make sure there isn't a problem. I hope all works out you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.