Fluox for 4 months. Felt great, now feel depressed again...

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on fluox for about 4 months, bar the horrid first month I've mostly felt really good! Very positive & rational & happy.

Then for the past 3 weeks I feel like I'm slipping. I feel soooo tired again, I'm going back to bed after dropping kids at school and sleeping for 2 hours.

Then I just can't face work. My heads all fuzzy & I feel rubbish. And really low.

I just want to stay in bed (I'm not though).

Anyone else been like this???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have panic disorder and have been on flux 20mg for 3 months, and as I slowly got better i've become more and more exhausted, literally i could stay in bed the entire day, my Dr put me on 40mg about 2 weeks ago and I was worried it would make me more tired but it's actually helped, I can easily get out of bed in the morning and i don't dread the day as much, my brain is still extremely fuzzy but it's getting there slowly.

• Posted

This is normal - recovery often comes in waves - 3 steps forward and 2 steps back. It's called setback or blips and will happen many times as you go though recovery.

It can happen weeks / months after feeling well, and it can also happen if you've have a small stressful event happened or overdone it. Your body is still vulnerable and recovering so it can happen.

Treat it as a blip - it's normal. Let it be there but know it will go. Try not to worry about it and treat it as part of recovery.

It will go.

K x

• Posted

Thanks K

It's just so frustrating when you think you're getting sorted. Hadn't anticipated feeling this way again after feeling so good.

Onwards & upwards then?!

X

• Posted

Oh yes absolutely - been there myself many times.  When you're doing good you think you're able to cope with anything and feel great, and once back down in that hole it all goes out the window.

Such a horrible illness isn't it.

Yes, as the saying goes 'pick yourself up, dust yourself down' 😀   I used to remind myself 'its only a blip, it will go' constantly.

It will go .... xxxx

• Posted

Just been to docs for repeat script, she's going to test me for iron deficiancy & early menopause too . She was lovely.

Happy Friday to you, you lovely person smile xx

• Posted

It makes such a difference when you have a nice doctor - I had a lovely one too but he retired boo.  That's interesting re iron - let us know how it goes.

Happy Friday to you too haha 😎

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.