Fluoxetie and Half Beta Prograne???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all.  I have posted before, but I have some symptoms which I wonder are due to my changes in drugs.  I came off Cipralex as it no longer seemed to be working for me, and my doctor changed me to Fluoxetine and Half Beta Prograne for high blood pressure and anxiety.  Well, I'm not depressed!!  But I have a feeling of impending doom all the time, I am so disassociated with everything, I get chills and my hands become freezing.  Because of this weird feeling that something awful is around the corner, I am just not able to relax and enjoy life.  Does anyone have similar symptoms with similar drugs?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have been on fluoxetine day 13 and yes anxiety and impending doom is what I have been feeling was great yesterday but woke today with the nervous stomach and hot flushing and shaking seems to be alternate days for me I am hoping I am almost through as the last 2 weeks have been pretty tough cheers Kim 
  • Posted

Yes Nannoo they can be common side effects and are really terrible when you are going though them, my Doc gave me a mild sedative which helped take the edge of the symptoms and allowed me to function through the day. Let your Doc know what is going on and ask for help. much love as I know this is very tough
  • Posted

Thank you guys - strange, but woke up this morning feeling great!!  Will see if this is just a blip, but I'm going to make the most of it!!
    • Posted

i too wake up shaky and feeling apprehensive.  but it's getting better each day.  it's been about 12 weeks now.  i'm not waking up at 4am feeling anxiety.  i sleep much better.  do you have a behavioral psychologist you're working with too?  I know i needed more than medication to get me to where i want to be. 
  • Posted

Hi Nannoo

Has the great feeling lasted for you? Do you feel like you have turned a corner now? How many days have you been taking Fluoxetine? Thanks Sally

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.