Fluoxetine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Iv just been put onto Fluoxetine 20mg after being on Citalopram and Sertraline for a long while. Iv been on a break from all medication for a few months until the stresses of everything made me feel like i needed to try something new. I was just wondering what experiences you've all had on Fluoxetine as im feeling very restless and talkative. I have moments where I feel sick and dizzy then later on i feel like iv got lots of energy. Iv only been on it for 2 days.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It really depends weather you've been prescribed Fluoxetine for anxiety or depression. I was prescribed it for anxiety and it really helped. It was one of the few medications that didn't make me feel numb.
    • Posted

Hi. Iv been prescribed it for depression but i feel sick quite a lot. My appetite has also gone, which is very odd for me as i like my food lol. I literally feel like i have 2 force myself 2 eat. I dnt feel numb or down anymore, which is progress. X

• Posted

Hi Stephanie

I'm five or six days ahead of you on the same stuff and can't really say I can ascribe anything to the drug yet. I felt sick with anxiety before starting Fluoxetine and I guess that has lessenedd a bit. Am I getting some space in my head away from the whirling thoughts? Perhaps - or maybe that is early morning and not being fully awake yet. Based on what I've read, we just have to accept the experience of getting on Fluoxetine which I'm told takes six weeks.

I hope you soon start feeling better and calmer.

• Posted

Hi. Im feeling calmer and less down so hopefully the sickness will go soon too. Its just horrible not feeling able 2 eat much. X
    • Posted

It'sonly 8am but I wonder if today the depression is starting to lift. I too feel calmer and less down. Stomach still full of anxiety but not as bad. My mind feels a little clearer, too - thoughts can exist separately.

Here's hoping we both have a good day, Stephanie!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.