fluoxetine

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello, apologies for missing a few days here and there but I've been trying to limit my use on this stoopid laptop one too many nights hitting my pillow at silly o clock 2 or 3 am, yawn zzzzzzzz. plus when I hit day 40 I had run out of fingers and toes to count on so I had to dig out my abacus smile day 43 to be exact, yikes, where has it gone? so to sum it up, yeah certainly feel better in my head, (I've tried convincing my remaining 2 brain cells to produce babies, after all there is no shortage of space in there!) much more my old self thank fully, the odd day not just right but there are other factors as well so it's hard to seperate them at times. for instance today starting a 5 day course of steroids, the doctor looked at me funny when I said that's ok so long as I do'nt grow boobs , then he proceeded to give an explanation about body building steroids as opposed to the ones heading down my neck haha. hope my adoring fans are all feeling hunky dory and ready for Santa? personally I'm gnawing on a piece of reindeer meat at the moment but do'nt tell him please..... caio love you all xxxxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Glad flu is working for usmile I'm on week 4 and morw myself but still quite spaced out 'druged at times' also moments of insane fear hits me but I pull myself out of it quicker now. Did u ever feel like this? So hoping to feel normal asap smilex
    • Posted

heya Rachel, the insane fear thingy,hmmm I have had a couple of paranoid feelings when I suddenly thought I was'nt alone in the house, as though there was somebody behind me, scarey at the moment ut it quickly passed and I thought no more about it, until now. I know that apparently some peeps feel better quicker than others, our different metabolisms n stuff so with you only maybe half way there the only way is forward, things can only get better hopefully on a daily basis until you are back to yourself, one small step for man and all that jazz wink
  • Posted

Haha and hello up there! Bet its cold where you are? Brilliant news, sounds like you've def turned rhat magic corner. Great to hear you sounding so upbeat. Seems that magic 6-8 wks is about it for most people. 

Could still be some side effects hanging on oe the rest of what youve got going on but at least they sound milder and you feel in a better place to deal with them. Tho if you do start growing boobs ring doc asap:-)

Really pleased for you, well done for sticking it out thru all the cr@p its not easy. Im starting to have good days with a couple of blue ones thrown in between just to knock me but overall much better than I was.

Keep looking after yourself and enjoy all the good days,  hopefully they're becoming the norm for you now.

Good to hear your update, keep em coming

Ttfn

Vix

• Posted

hello vix! yeah tis cold up here, very picturesque today a blanket of snow everywhere, beautiful in its own demented way. thats great that you too seem to have turned that magical corner and starting to feel more upbeat about life in general. these odd blue days are evermore tolerable once we realise that they are just a temporary blip in the recovery process. it makes the good days all the more enjoyable I think, certainly starting to appreciate life again, which is wonderful.

I'll be in touch shortly with next update, take care vix, be happy smile x

• Posted

Did you experience sleep problems when you started taking flu?

I'm on my second week and wake up every morning with vertigo, sweating and sleep 3 hours here or there.  Is this normal at the beginning? 

• Posted

I take mine at 7pm if it was later then this I would wake all the time with hot flushes and sometimes sickness. I'm now 4 1/2 weeks and I'm feel more stable but I wake up like a nervous wreck/over stimulated x
    • Posted

Hi rachel thanks for replying.  I'm taking it in the morning.  I go thru the day..feel super hopeful then it gets hard to fall asleep and wake up super hopeless and anxious,  I gave to push myself to get  up and get these crazy mood swings. I'm on my second full week. 
    • Posted

Hi jenmasu

Im near wk7 . First few wks sleep was short waking with hot sweats several times,  total nausea n shakes in morning. It does get progressively better but takes time ,I used sleep aid at night but only one not two or knocked me out. Got prescribed propanolol for shakes. Take flu in morning. 

At this stage I sleep quite well, gone from 3-4 hrs to 6- 7 but still have occasional sweats. Nausea is much less a problem too and get mood swings but much milder. STill have to drag myself out of bed some days but not all.

Most people say feeling better comes 6-8 wks so having had few good days this week im hoping ive got to that stage but darent speak too soon in case jinx it.

Stick with it, take it day by day although I know its hard cos you feel so cr@p.  It takes time BUT YOU WILL FEEL BETTER :-)

Someone suggested doing a diary of how you feel,  wish I had as sometimes need to remember how bad I did feel to realise how far id come.

Take care,  distract yourself as much as possible. Hope the worst passes for you quickly and you start to feel improvement.

All the best

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.