Fluoxetine

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been taking these for a week to help with anxiety and low mood because of suffering for nearly a year with insomnia and I wish I hadn't started them. All started well until two days ago when I noticed my appetite was going and yesterday my anxiety was through the roof. I have felt very unwell today, dizzy feeling sick, no energy and weepy. I know these are side effects but unfortunately I can't go on with these. I know everyone is different and these obviously don't agree with me. As it's only been a week I assume there will be no problem if I just stop taking them ?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You shouldn't just stop taking that kind of medication. Can do more harm then good. Discus it with your doctor before you do, but they will recommend you change anyway. Best of luck smile
  • Posted

I agree with Finch. The 1st 6-8 weeks for me were the worst having most of the side effects stated on the leaflet (but didn't look at the leaflet for a good 3 months into taking them or i don't think i would ever have started on them). It does get better with that old chestnut 'time' but if you really can't cope then go back to the docs and ask to try another anti depressant as there are quite a lot on the market.

Everyone will react differently to each drug. I'm glad i stuck out the early weeks as i don't to go back to the bottomless pit again in a hurry. I find insomnia is still a problem as i am now weaning myself off these drugs, via the doctor, extremely slowly.

Good luck and best wishes.

• Posted

I was the same I started mine over a week ago n first couple of days ok, then wham I had uncontrollable shakes, dizziness, feeling sick, out of body experience numb n palpitations! I was taken to a&e and advices to stop the meds, it's been nearly 3 days since stopping them n still having the effects of the drugs I hope that they get out my system soon as it's scary! Hope you get yours sorted soon n best of luck xx
    • Posted

Hi Shari.  When did your symptoms stop? Im assuming your ok seeing this was 9 months ago
  • Posted

Hi, I am 47 and I was given these on Monday following a visit to the GP for some mild symptoms I was feeling following being put on HRT after the removal of my ovaries and tubes at the beginning of the year. I have been feeling quite anxious and having night sweats before I started these. I haven't slept too well but that has been the case before I started them. If I am to expect all the above should I stop taking them now?

I don't understand why I would be given these tablets if I am suffering from the occasional hot flash and feeling a little anxious and moody. Should I stop them? I am getting worried after reading the above. I am only on day 3.

Thanks xx

• Posted

hi all,

I'm on day 6 and feel absolutely terrible. I have so many side effects, and some things im convinced are other problems, but the worse is increased anxiety, so im freaking out right now!! I have headache, insomnia, anxiety, body aches and pains, chest pain (which with the anxiety am convinced is a heart attack!!), constipation, stomach ache, feeling sick. The first few days were fine, but now i wish i'd never started taking them. I hope it gets better, and my aunt who is a psychiatric nurse assures me these are all normal and will pass soon.

• Posted

Hi all

So far so good. I am now on day 8 and other than a little bit of dizziness on day 2 and 3 when I woke up in the morning, I feel fine. In fact I feel much calmer and a lot less anxious than I did a week ago. Before, I was feeling paranoid and worrying about everything - over the last week I have been getting a full nights unbroken sleep and waking up very fresh and alert in the morning - opposed to feeling groggy and really tired as I was before. Hopefully this won't change later down the line.......

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.