fluoxetine 7 Weeks thinking of giving up

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi

I need some advice. I have been on flu for over 7 weeks. I have had awful side effects but also some evidence it is working . My obsessive thoughts are less but I have continual low level anxiety for no reason. I just wants to know if anyone feels carrying on for a few more weeks is worth while on 20 mg

i am at my wits end with the roller coaster ride of these tablets.

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I was on 20mg for 4 weeks,thn I was put on 40 mg 3 weeks ago,I went down bill fast but stuck to it,I am begging to feel a bit better this week,I think u should give it more time,have you talked to your doctor about it
  • Posted

I was on 20mg for 4 weeks,thn I was put on 40 mg 3 weeks ago,I went down bill fast but stuck to it,I am begging to feel a bit better this week,I think u should give it more time,have you talked to your doctor about it
  • Posted

Hi thanks for your reply.  The doctor suggested 40 mg but I am scared it will increase my anxiety.  I thought I would stick at 20mgs for 12 weeks

But unsure

thanks

• Posted

When I went up to 40mg it made me feel so down,was like that for 3 weeks,I've had a few good days on the weekend still feel ok,but feeling a bit down now,one good thing 40mg made me sleep at night
    • Posted

I sleep okay but I am so tired and anxious most of the time. Hope youfeel better soon. It's a struggle for all of us 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.