fluoxetine advice

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi everyone,

i have been on fluoxetine now for about 3 months and on the whole i feel great 100% better than the first 4 weeks now that the side effects have gone! 

but just occassionally i have the odd day where i feel disconnected and a bit spaced out and i was wondering if anyone else felt the same...

thank you for listening this site has been my lifeline

Sharon xx

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was on them for 20 years I used to feel like that and I used to sleep a lot but they worked

I had a breakdown last year and having been trying all sorts citriapram was the best no zombie like I'm trying Prozac again and can't stand this feeling drowsiness and loss of energy.

but stick with them because they work only downside you can feel like a zombie I was on them for a long time and my body got used to them.and I was younger I'm diabetic so and older and I can't cope with the transition. But yea you do get days like that but they do help but they do block everything out and you don't care about anything don't know if that's good.a word of working don't drink with them it had divesting effects on my life .sorry if it's to much but I hope haunt put you off good luck with it all .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.