fluoxetine. anxiety. 6weeks 4days.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well I feel a lot better then I need so the meds do work. I had awful depersonalisation with is still with me but mild compared to how it was. The depression is just a morning thing now. The sickness etc has stopped. 

I'm now just left not really with it, I still feel the anxiety in the background and feel jittering. I feel kind of disconnected like me staring at nothingness. I'm hoping this will soon go, if its the anxiety hopefully I'll work through it but if its the meds then god know because I don't wanna feel like this but I defiantly don't want to b like before. I still have feelings I can still cry etc. Laugh but not often. Just feel a bit out of touch sad 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel,

I think these feelings will go I had them to particularly the detached feeling just sitting staring in to space not moving for hours. I still get tired but want to be part of the world. I think sometimes with anxiety we find it so hard to relax we almost fight the medication. If I'm tired now I try and rest if I can

Before I was on the go all the time unable to 

Focus on anything. 

Hope this helps

Take care 

Linda x

• Posted

I just need waking up ! Think my heads gone from full of racing thoughts to empty and dumb lol. Thank you for ur reply! Hope it goes very soon. My vision is also a bit blurred at times. Suppose its now time to full my empty head with good thoughts smile 
  • Posted

hello again Rachel,

that sounds very much like your meds are finally starting to work whooopeee! a long slow soul destroying process but the wait is so worth it, gradually you will laugh more each day, and another week or o your new daughter will be here, perfect timing or what. I have been lucky not to have the sickness thank god, still the weird spaced out thing bugging me. 

So pleased that you have turned that corner Rachel, I pray every day every week gets that little bit better for you, bless smile

• Posted

I just feel half asleep all the time but I don't feel the need to sleep. Bit of a empty head dumb feeling. I hope u get results from your 40mg smile I'm sure u will xx
  • Posted

That is very good news, rachel. At 6 weeks I was still feeling dreadful. You definitely improved quicker than me. At about 7 weeks I was a bit better. At about 9 weeks (already on 40 mg) I was feeling a lot better, but still not my old self.

I'm now around week 10/11? Not sure anymore (have to check again), and on 60 mg. This week was great for me because I had 3 days in a row that I felt my old self (it has been MONTHS that I'm not like that).

I had a small relapse this morning, probably because I'm now on the 6th day of 60 mg, so mild side effects are kicking in. Stay in touch, I see that sharing experiences help both who shares and who reads =)

• Posted

3 days feeling yourself that's great news and must be lovely ! I get moments where I'm me where I'll crack a joke or something and I'm like wow I do have a personality in there still haha. Do u get the feelings I talk about ? Like been half asleep and empty headed (like ur brains suppressed ur thoughts) still getting upset I'm not me but I hope it goes soon and its not just how the meds work : / I'm still on 20mg. Hope your 60mg works out good smile x
    • Posted

Right now I'm happier, more confident, less anxious, then when I started taking the medication. The Christmas dinner was always a difficult experience for me because I have/had severe social anxiety. However, this Christmas dinner was rather pleasant, around people that I never met before. Definitely fluoxetine is worth its initial side effects.

Regarding your side effects, I remember that I was lethargic at some points during the first 6 weeks. I would stare at my computer not doing much. But I didn't feel depersonalisation or had blurred vision. However, several people report such problems, and they should go away soon.

• Posted

I think my eyes blur then anxious. Its hard believing 6 weeks isnt the full benefit sad and u feeling like trying something new. They have helped but I hate feeling disconnected foggy headed. I'm glad ur feeling good I know many people say 12week mark till better xx
    • Posted

That sucks a lot. You take a medicine to help your depression, but it takes so long to work and make you worse in the beginning! The researchers are testing a old drug called Ketamine and trying to develop new ones that acts similarly but with less side effects. Ketamine can lift your depression in a matter of hours. Isn't it incredible?

What is more incredible is that they took so long to realize that Ketamine can be so good for depression, as it was first synthesized 1962. We now have to wait years of tests for this type of treatment to be widely available.

• Posted

Sounds as if things are finally starting to work for you - brilliant!  Recovery creeps up so slowly ...... and you'll improve as more time goes by now :-)

K xx

• Posted

I'm just soooooooo tired. I don't need to sleep but im laid up a lot and have to sit all the time. I was sat ironing earlier and then felt so worn out I had to go for a lay down. Zero energy. Once/ if this goes I really think I'll be nearly there smile I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and is feeling a little better xx hugs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.