Fluoxetine dose increas

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi, I've been on Fluoxetine 20 mg for years, last week my go raised my dose to 40 mg as I'd been feeling very stressed and anxious... Since doing so I've had bad headaches that include my cheek bones and front of my ears and acid reflux ...has anyone else had these side effects when dose increased please? Don't know whether to go back to 20 mg ? Thank you for your help.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

From reading here, it seems that increasing your dosage is like starting all over again and you have to go through those initial few weeks of hell.

Good luck and hope it eases real soon.

• Posted

Thank you Carl, I've decided to take 2 one day and 1 the next for now and see how I go. Thank you
    • Posted

Hi Vanessa

Let me start out by saying I'm not a doctor. In my understanding, our bodies and minds need to adjust to a regualr daily dose of Flu - same amount at the same time each day. I suspect that taking more and less every other day will not give you a good result and will prolong your symptoms.

As you don't want to go straight up to 40mg, I suggest you'd be better off taking 30mg every day - a little fiddling with capsules will enable you to do this. MAyabe your GP would prescribe some 10mg capsules to make the transition easier.

• Posted

Thank youCarl, Yes I agree, good idea, I'll do that. Thank you very much.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.