Fluoxetine help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm now in middle 5th week 20mg I was bad first few weeks in bed then 3rd n 4th thought yes I'm ok getting then 5th week I'm really ill off food again and shaky inside and wobbly legs bad sleep actually little meant go docs today can't get out house too fragile so waiting on phone call,,,I am thinking giving up as feel like I can't do it no more I've no life no motivation no nothing can anyone give me a bit of hope that I'm early it suffering alone all this time it's a living nightmare feel I'm tortured,, doc gave me propanol but hated it had lorazepam was good he won't give me no more so I'm stuck being sick physically sick please help

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Aw please don't give up, I know it's really really hard but everyone here understands and will help you through, there's always someone here to talk to when you need it. I absolutely felt that way at this stage but it just does take some time..if you just try to keep going and do a tiny little thing a day to make yourself feel better and stay focussed...then you WILL get there and i'm sure you will begin to feel better. 

Keep going X

• Posted

I was on the up and then boom it struck me now feel I've backtracked to doom,,,,it's the shakiness and feeling on edge non stop that's pulling me down,,I tried go out yesterday had to come back only getting end of road legs went felt faint and wobbly had to lie down were I've been since ,,,I just feel like why is it taking so long,,I was on them for years never remember this I know I'm older 46 but this is grim,,,I'm probably impatient want quick results but I just want to feel normal,,,thankyou for your reply xxx

• Posted

I know, its just horrible waiting for it to properly kick in...and i'm around the same age as you...so I do understand, take a big deep breath and put on a movie and snuggle up and just empty your head for a wee bit and see how you get on, things will get better X

• Posted

Hi April - I am on day 3 of week 4 20mg. I had a few good days too but now I'm dealing with a heart issue and having to take blood thinner has been awful. I took fluoxetine for 4+ years after my daughter was born (she's now 6) and never had a single side effect, this time around I have been experiencing pretty much anything you can think of. But I keep telling myself that if I feel as well as I did when I took it before then it's all going to be worth it. Chin up and remember everyone on this forum is going through it too or has already been through it, we rely on each other here and we are all in it together. We'll get through it, sometimes you just have to take things one minute at a time and if you need to let yourself rest then do that.

• Posted

Your right but I feel like I'm crippled as I've always been a doer in life looked after everyone and house and now it's like I'm relying on hubby to help me I just feel flat but my panic comes in when I get funky feelings then I freak then panic make myself worse just spoke to doctor my thyroid is being over medicated now lowering dose he's on erythromycin my sympathetic think he's had enough of me and my calls my constant complaining I really know I need to wait it out xxx people at help yourself how can I get motivated if I'm stuck in rut I was doing yoga even walking round garden now I'm wobbly so feel u easy and nervous xxx and

• Posted

It is so hard when you feel that you've lost yourself, especially to something as ugly and unforgiving as anxiety. I am in the same boat with making myself worse so I know exactly what you mean. As for the doctor if you really feel that they're not listening to your concerns you can always feel free to find one who will. I know that sounds easier said than done but you are worth every second of the person's time that is supposed to be taking care of you. You can always try calling your pharmacist with questions too, I know mine are very knowledgeable and have been really helpful. Do anything you can to help you relax, maybe even take up something new if you have the energy. Hang in there, we are all here for you xo

• Posted

Thankyou so much xxxxx I'm sitting here thinking taking pericyazine just now as I've got them and i hate popping pills but I'm fed up xxxx I will try get myself more positive and motivated thankyou for support xx

• Posted

That's how recovery often works.  You get over the first few weeks, start feeling better and then get knocked back down again.  Its always 3 steps forward and 2 steps back throughout recovery, with each time getting easier and the bad times getting less intense and shorter too.  Even though you get knocked backwards many times, your body is healing, even though you can't see or feel it - yet.

I agree - don't give up yet.  Give it more time.  These meds are tough, but you've come so far already.

K x

• Posted

I understand recovery is harder as we get older and that I need to be patient,,I'm just tired with it as I just want my life back I've never been so scared and vulnerable in my life,,I used to drink to hide but I haven't rank for months I don't smoke I was considering medicinal canabis but can't smoke I would try anything to stop this inside feelings I'd at her have child birth everyday than this I'm sorry I'm doom n gloom believe me I used to be an optimist all my life so when I type this it bugs me how negative I am xxx I will stick with it and try xx also do guided meditation tried tapping o help stress I have tried breathing alsorts I will try snap out this soon as I need my life back xxx thankyou for reply xxx

• Posted

I understand exactly how you feel.  Its a wretched illness.  I was ill for 16 years and antidepressants, therapy, whatever, failed to help me.  I was then started on SSRI's and within 6 months I'd recovered.  It seems a long time for recovery, but was short compared to the length of time I'd been ill.  I'd rather endure the medication again and again than go back to what I was when ill.

Don't worry, you're not doom and gloom.  I was exactly the same.  When we're ill like this you will feel / talk like this - its part of the illness.  I despaired many times, cried buckets of tears, hated living like it and was desparate to be well.  For me, the medication felt exactly like the illness so was like from the frying pan into the fire.

True, certain meds don't suit everyone, but you really need to give these much, much longer before you can tell.  I'd say 3-4 months.  There are many different types of SSRI meds out there, and each one suits different people.  My first meds didn't suit me, and though I recovered on them, they caused me bad side effects.  I changed after a year to a more suitable one.

It might feel tough and wretched at the moment ..... but really try and persevere.  For me, it was better than more years of coping with that illness.

Relaxation and breathing doesn't bring you instant relief.  Relaxation also doesn't mean flopping in a chair, but it means learning to let go of tension within your body as you go about everyday life.  Float along.  Take the tension out of your life - stress and tension feeds anxiety.  Do everything slower - slow down your pace of life.  Also accept you'll feel like this for a while yet, but you relaxing into life and the medication will help heal your body.

My son suffered this illness 2 years ago too and had a dreadful time on these meds.  But with continued support from us, a daily walk, relaxation he slowly re-entered the world again.  He recovered a year ago and has now been off meds this year.

I never thought I'd ever recover.  16 years being ill and I've now been well for a good 16 years since.

K xx

• Posted

Thankyou so much I'm glad you and your son better xxxxxx I'm trying now to keep reading replies give me more positive outlook thankyou xxxx

• Posted

There's many good replies here for you and lots of encouragement.

Keep posting - we'll get you through this.

K xx

• Posted

Please don't give up. I know exactly how you feel, it's so hard. But it will get better. I'm in my 6th week and do still feel weak and shaky, but it's better than a couple weeks ago. You've already put so much time into the fluoxetine and you're probably about to turn a corner. Try to hang in there. Full recovery takes quite a long time. We're all here for you. Xxx

• Posted

Thankyou I will stick it xxxx I've got pericyazine for my anxiety 2.5mg shoukd i take please as when first got on flu was given these but felt funky but I'm desperate so there in front to of me now thinking shoukd i just take xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.